OCD 'QUOTE OF THE DAY'

Guest ocdfighter

One of the quotes on my signature is the following...

"Real life always puts rocks in your way - climb them"

I was told this while I was in Patagonia (Chile) by a very wise guide.

I use this in my everyday life as well as my OCD life when I need inspiration!!

Anna x.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottOCDid

Hi Anna original.gif

I was told this while I was in Patagonia (Chile) by a very wise guide.

65538[/snapback]

Are you for real about Patagonia? That must have been a faaaaaaaaaantastic trip!!!!! Lot's of huge, tall spiky mountains..... nice. a1_cheesygrin.gif

S

Thank you, that's helpful too. Cool that you were in Chile!

That reminds me I've also made a note recently of one of someone else's signature quotes "I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains" Anne Frank

I think this is really beautiful and heartening particularly considering the situation she was in. It has helped me remember in my worst OCD moments that there is always hope and there is always beauty in the world and has motivated me to push myself and persevere through the most difficult challenges and will continue to do so

R*X

I can't believe I found this quote on the bottom of a cereal packet this morning! (It's some poncey American, Organic cereal incase you're wondering! Kelloggs aren't known for quoting Gandhi on Crunchy Nut Cornflakes!)

"We must become the change we want to be." (Gandhi)

This reminded me of another, different idea that I came across in a Buddhist book.....that is, we are already the person we want to be, it is just obscured by different feelings (fear,doubts etc) we have to work hard to bring it out in ourselves ~ but everything we want to be is essentially already there.....hmmm, I don't think I've expressed that as clearly as it was in the book, but hopefully you get the jist!

:)

Guest Soldiering on

Two William Blake ones here:

"The weak in courage is strong in cunning."

Is there a better description of OCD as an enemy?!!?

The second one I cannot recall directly, but it goes something like:

"He who has a creative talent and does not nurture or fulfill it, will find later life an act of sorrow and despair..."

Yikes!

j

• 10 months later...
Guest HayleyMartin

Two William Blake ones here:

"The weak in courage is strong in cunning."

Is there a better description of OCD as an enemy?!!?

The second one I cannot recall directly, but it goes something like:

"He who has a creative talent and does not nurture or fulfill it, will find later life an act of sorrow and despair..."

Yikes!

j

i just wrote this here to see if it would update this thread, cause some of the quotes on it r brill. hope this is ok :p

Guest Lizbeth

Jade's current favourite:

Doubt shall not make an end of you

Jade's current favourite:

Doubt shall not make an end of you

Oh, and, not that OCD related but, one used the year I was single

I used to be Snow White but I drifted :lol: .....*creeps back on topic*

Guest daybyday

Very unusual for me, but this week I've found inspiration from the words of Kylie Minogue. About her cancer, she said:

"So really I've got a mountain to climb, but I don't fancy hanging around at the bottom of the mountain."

I think that's so true. All too often we just beat ourselves up and do nothing about it. We have to do some work, no matter how much we don't want to, if we're to get to a better place.

Guest Buckeye

"You can never really pay back. You can only pay forward."

"Paralyze resistance with persistence."

"One thing you cannot afford ever to do is to feel sorry for yourself."

Woody Hayes

Guest danaeonyx

"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of an eye: the more light you pour on it, the more it will contract." - Ken Siman, The Beauty Trip

“Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.” - Dale Carnegie

“Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

"So let us then try to climb the mountain, not by stepping on what is below us, but to pull us up at what is above us, for my part at the stars; amen" - M C Escher

"There are times when life questions you. And your answer changes everything"

My favourite one:

"You always struggle frantically to keep yourself from drowning... when if you'd just relax, you'd find out that you float"

and a funny one :p

"Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars, I thought "Where the hell is the ceiling?!"