Sorry to offend any of you but i am dying

Guest AnxiousCarolyn

Guest Sammyhostie

I htink that you feel so ill because your anxiety is so bad. I have that too, one day i will see something and then think i have it, and then that very same day i have all the symptoms of it and then i feel so tired and ill and achy. I think its all your bodys way of showing you its anxious and having to work harder.

I really do think you should call your doctor you need them to come and see you now. please stop taking the paractamol. How many did you take yesterday and today? you could also be feeling the side effects of taking too many.

xx

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lizbeth

I am feeling very very sick 2 day and faint i have taken away 2 many paracetamol again i stopped and started. I really don't feel well but i haven't got the courage 2 phone anyone.

Hi Carolyn,

I didn't quite get that bit but are you saying you have started taking too many paracetomol again? If this is the case then you need to stop immediately. As Caramoole has pointed out earlier in the thread, this can seriously damage you. I know sometimes with mental problems we may feel the need to slowly ease ourselves into new scenarios but in the case of something like this you must stop right now. If you cannot trust yourself right now you need to remove them from your house.

I would also strongly suggest you contact NHS direct on 0845 46 47 and get some medical advice. Please take care of yourself.

xxJadexx

Guest AnxiousCarolyn

What i mean is i stopped for a bit yesterday and then stared again. I am back 2 takin them way 2 often and feel seriously sick and faint 2 day i can't stand wiv out feelin wobbly. I know i shud speak 2 sum 1 but i just don't have the courage 2 i have social anxiety and makin phonecalls and talkin 2 people face 2 face is something i rarely do. I have worked out that i have taken around 35 paracetamol and 12-15 ibuprofen over the past few days. I feel i can't stop though because if i do the Lupus pain will get worse and then i can't cope. I can't think straight i really can't.

Edited by Guest
Guest Sammyhostie

Carolyn you shouldnt mix paracetamol and ibuprofen. You have to get help now, you need to either call your doctor, or call 999. You need help, medical and mental immediately. get help now.

Taking so many pills will be taking its toll on your body, and i can gurantee that the pain you will be feeling when that happens will be much worse than the pain you think that Lups is giving you.

xx

Guest hayley73

Carolyn the brutal truth is if you don't stop you could do yourself irresversible damage. Get yourself to an A & E department now. You are damaging your body. It won't be anything else killing you flower you could be killing yourself slowly by taking too many tablets. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not meant to frighten but this is very serious Carolyn.

Guest AnxiousCarolyn

But i don't feel like i have overdosed. I mean i feel rough but thats cause i have Lupus. I have not got the guts 2 phone anyone and i can't stop takin the pills its turned in 2 a compulsion - taking pills 2 reduce my Lupus symptons. I know i shud not not say this here but i don't care if the pills damage/kill me as i am already dyin :weep::weep:

Edited by Guest
Guest DanS

...you shouldnt mix paracetamol and ibuprofen...

FYI - Taking Ibuprofen with Paracetamol is often advised by doctors & pharmacists.

Just for the record.

Oh, and isn't there some un-written rule about 'medical advice'?

Guest Lizbeth

But i don't feel like i have overdosed. I mean i feel rough but thats cause i have Lupus. I have not got the guts 2 phone anyone and i can't stop takin the pills its turned in 2 a compulsion - taking pills 2 reduce my Lupus symptons. I know i shud not not say this here but i don't care if the pills damage/kill me as i am already dyin :weep::weep:

Carolyn,

I have to go out now but you MUST stop taking these pills right now. This may sound harsh Carolyn but this is a choice you are making, this is not something that any of us can make you do. If you do not stop this right now you could cause yourself irreversible damage that will be far more real and painful than any of the imagined lupus fear could be. You must stop NOW.

xxJadexx

Guest Sammyhostie

Dans

Im not sure if you meant to be sarcastic in your post, but thats certainly how it came across. Not that helpful given the situation if so.

I have always been advised not to mix the 2, hence my advice.

We are only trying to help Carolyn here.

Guest Stella

Hi Carolyn

I think you should ring up NHS direct as Jade says - 0845 46 47 and ask for advice.

Stellax :original:

Edited by Guest
Guest Fallen Angel

Hi there. 35 paracetamol in a few days is particularly excessive.I think you ought to phone NHS direct and explain what is happening.Paracetamol can effect you several days later if you overdose.Best wishes,Sam.X

Guest marky1982

Hi Carolyn

I think the above advice is sound about calling NHS Direct.

I would also ask you:

If you really believe you have Lupus, or think you are at great risk of getting it, why are on a website about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

I think deep down, you know this is OCD about getting Lupus. Even if, on the very small chance that you do have Lupus (1 in 1000 vs 1 in 40 for OCD) your life would go on...it really isn't worth putting yourself through the mangle like this and taking too many tablets?

Guest hayley73

Carolyn you are comming to this site seeking reasurrance and advice. So PLEASE listen to the advice you have been given. Get some help now concerning the tablets you are taking. I agree with Samantha paracetamol can affect you days later. You could be damaging your internal organs right now without you even knowing it. Given your low body weight the damage could be greater.

Forget the Lupus worry for now you could be dying from tablet overdose!!!!!!!! If you can't get help, get someone to do it for you. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS. If I am scaring you I am sorry. But if it saves your life then it will be worth it. My friend died when she was only 14 from a tablet overdose. It wasn't quick. It took a week. Very distressing for her friends and family.

WE DON'T WANT THE NEXT POST TO READ: Carolyn as died.

Guest REBECCA

Dear Carolyn,

A few thoughts occur to me:

1) The level of tension you are carrying in your body due to your extreme axiety is very likely to be causing/contributing to any muscular aching you are experiencing.

2) I don't know how to do the quoting thing, but you said in a previous post that your body aches and 'nothing is helping' so why bother to continue taking any paracetamol (let alone so many) if it doesn't help? It is slightly ironic that you are worried about being unwell when you are actively harming your body by taking these tablets, and for no reason.

3) I know you have felt suicidal in the past and have resited urges to end your own life. Now it seems that the fact that you are convincing yourself that you are dying anyway and that you 'might as well end your life before a disease kills you' just sounds like you are trying to find a sneaky way to justify your suicidal thoughts and impulses.

It sounds like you need strong and consistant treatment/support for your OCD/depression, nothing else.

It is most likely that when you finally go to the Doctor and they confirm that you have not got Lupus your OCD will transfer onto something else anyway (eg, another illness/disease) that's how OCD works. As someone else pointed out, if you look at enough books/websites with sypmtoms of different diseases on we could all convince ourselves we've got any/all of them. Looking at these websites/books is another obsession in itself, so that's another OCD symptom that you need help to stop doing also.

Rebecca*X

Edited by Guest
Guest AnxiousCarolyn

I am struggling on. I keep takin the pills because if i don't the pains get worse i have reduced the amount i am takin thou. Someone said 1 in 1000 people get Lupus well 1 in 800 pregnancies is the statistic for Cholestasis and guess what i got it so whats 2 say i won't be of those people who get Lupus. I read 50,000 people in the uk have Lupus i don't know if thats high i know nothin bout the population of uk but it sounds alot.

Guest REBECCA

OCD is very good at looking for and latching onto 'proof' for it's irrational concerns. The fact that there is a statistic for a condition that you have experienced is not relevant to anything.

There are a thousand other statistics and possibilities for a thousand other conditions/diseases that you have not and will never experience.

I'm really sorry to hear you are suffering in this way Carolyn, but you have got to find the energy to stand up to the OCD. I would put a lot of money on the fact that it is just OCD (and nothing else) that you are suffering from.

With the combination of extreme anxiety(OCD/depression), disturbed sleep, not eating properly, taking excessive paracetamol and looking after a baby, no wonder you feel unwell. It does not mean there is anything else at play. Try if you can to get some perspective on this situation.

If you don't tackle your OCD, even when you know you haven't got lupus you will go on to believe you've got something else, so you might as well focus on tackling your OCD. Go to the doctor for THAT, not to have endless unecessary tests for other imagined diseases.

Please take care of yourself. Stop taking the tablets.

Rebecca*X

Edited by Guest

I am struggling on. I keep takin the pills because if i don't the pains get worse i have reduced the amount i am takin thou. Someone said 1 in 1000 people get Lupus well 1 in 800 pregnancies is the statistic for Cholestasis and guess what i got it so whats 2 say i won't be of those people who get Lupus. I read 50,000 people in the uk have Lupus i don't know if thats high i know nothin bout the population of uk but it sounds alot.

I am sorry but this thread as just gone in circles for 2 days now and I am not prepared top let it continue for your own sake Carolyn. I truly believe that by continuing to post and read this thread is simply driving your OCD obsessional thoughts on further.

The subject of mixing ibuprofen and paracetamol came up, I understand that a mix of the two is only recommended for a short period in small doses, not prolonged usage. This was taken from the NHS Direct website so please be careful not to mix ibuprofen and aspirin.

Taking ibuprofen and aspirin together can cause stomach upset, which can be serious, including indigestion, gastritis, and even ulcers.

It could be the amount of medication you are taking is contributing to the Lupus symptoms you think you are experiencing.

Guest AnxiousCarolyn

Who else can i talk 2 if i can't talk on here? there is no one else no one here that will listen. I don't want 2 feel more alone than i already feel.

Edited by Guest

Who else can i talk 2 if i can't talk on here? there is no one else no one here that will listen. I don't want 2 feel more alone than i already feel.

But the talking on here does not seem to be helping in this current situation. Despite being told by everyone that this is your OCD talking and you are risking your long term health by taking so much medication in a short time you are continued to insist it is Lupus and to take the medication.

If I thought for one moment you were accepting that this is just the OCD talking I would let the thread continue but it does not seem to be that way.

I strongly advise you to contact NHS Direct about the amount of medication being taken Carolyn.

Guest Lizbeth

Dear Carolyn,

Neither Ashley, the moderating team or any of the users wants you to feel alone. However, it is you that has to make the choice here. You must stop taking the paracetomol. There is no grey area here. Either you stop taking them or you will damage yourself. Until you decide to do that (and as hard as it is, it IS a choice, Carolyn) we cannot help you. Also, without meaning to sound harsh Carolyn, these posts may be causing distress and worry to other users who are deeply concerned about your welfare. If you cannot make yourself stop you need to go and admit yourself to A and E. If you can't do this for yourself then do it for your lovely daughter who needs you.

xxJadexx