I hate ocd

Guest Creative Cat

Guest Creative Cat

Hi,

My ocd has been worse lately. I hate having ocd. I'm thankful that part of me can at least step back and see how crazy the ocd thoughts really are. Otherwise, I feel like I'd really be crazy! The thoughts still scare me, but I'm having to push forward through them because I have too many things to get done.

I hate having ocd! It causes so much mental anguish and really steals a lot of the joy out of situations that should be really happy.

CC

yes yes and yes. I think the things we go through, predominently within the mind; cause us to re-evalutate our own personal acheivement and satisfaction. It sucks basically, i wish i could be happy abut my grades and uni, instead i feel an unnerving sense of impending doom! Its only Eng lit, and a bita art hist!

Guest heathery

Hi,

I feel the same, sometimes i feel like i don't know who i am anymore, and that the ocd is the only thing that defines me. It seems to ruin everything, i just want to be happy and have fun like i used to but its so hard sometimes. As you may have read in my previous posts i am having a lot of trouble with my ocd and my relationship with my boyfriend.

The help that people have given me on here has been invaluable, together we can make it : )

Heather

Edited by Guest

Hello,

Thats one of my biggest gripes about OCD, it's unwavering ability to mar and spoil everything you hold dear. I feel I can never relax or enjoy certain situations without this OCD 'knife-twisting' torture going on. It's very depressing. I know its the OCD and that makes it tolerable but nevertheless it would be nice if it kept it's cakehole shut on occaision. Its like having two conversations going on simultaenously: one in the public arena and one in the OCD dungeon. You try to keep calm and ignore or out smart the snide comments and suggestions from your OCD but for me it all gets way too much and I eventually bid a hasty retreat. Spent most of my life retreating under a hail of OCD fire when I think about it

I feel I too am defined by my OCD. I can't think of anything positive it has given to my life. It subtracts rather more than it adds. I'm older now though and have created strategies that for the most part keep the OCD troll out of the living room. It roams angrily in the back yard now howling its usual rubbish and urintating on the flowers. But atleast its outside where it stays...mostly. Life is a dice throw ultimately and our dice (damn their six sides to Hell!) landed on OCD. I'm glad there is more awareness of OCD now. It certainly saved me. I do hope things get brighter for you shortly as I'm sure they will. Exhausting as it is its worth the effort...lol!

Good luck

F

Guest Susana

Chin up Creative Cat!!

you are describing all of us. We all know OCD is nonsense, but it remains there and we cannot get rid of it. I wish there was a magic word for it, but the best thing we can do is try to remain positive.

:dry: as if that was easy!

try to focus in the lovely kitten you are going to get, he or she will be like an angel who will help you feel better.

As the kitten will be needing you, it will be a great distraction for you, plus you will get and give so much love!

good luck Creative Cat and don't give up!

:toot: You are a Star!!

Susana

Edited by Guest