Vanessa's Real Lives - OCD feature

Guest Seaturtle

Sorry guys, posted this just before Ashley's and have now read the posts discussing Ashley and Hayley and co doing this show, sorry I didn't realise it was Hayley Martin also from our forum!! good job guys :clapping:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brennie

seaturtle, i enjoyed it also and thought Ashley and Hayley was Brill, i just hope people who dont understand more how debilitating OCD really is.

Take care Brennie x

Guest Seaturtle

Fantastic job on tv this morning guys :clapping: I take my hat off to you for having the courage to go on tv and talk so brilliantly about your OCD, it stopped me in my tracks as I was moping around at home stressing about OCD/Depression etc and suddenly you guys appear on the tv and get the message across so well that it has cheered me up no end, knowing that many more people will now know how much people suffer with this thing.

If you guys can get to a studio in London and face a studio audience and all those cameras and do such a great job, it gives me a lot of hope for things I can do.

Thanks all :a1_cheesygrin: :clapping:

Edited by Seaturtle

If anyone does want a copy just PM me your name and address, and I will send you the DVD. To cover charity costs, if you can let us have a cheque back for £1.85 to cover the cost of the DVD and postage, will send freepost envelope so you just need to pop the cheque back in the letterbox.

I can't believe I missed it - I wondered if it was an ocd feature but I was doing a load of cleaning and by the time I got through it had finished - I'm so angry with myself. Will it be shown again?

Stella :wontlisten:

Hi - sorry - i've just seen Ashley's post so I'll get the DVD :original:

Edited by Stella

just saw the recording of the show

well done to all who appeared on there it was very brave

when do the autographs go on sale

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Guest ladyhonda

Just watched it too! Brilliant everyone. Hayley and Sam you looked gorgeous as always! Don't know which one was Marmite though?

I actually thought Vanessa came across as very sympathetic whereas I worried she would go for the sensationalism. Hayley, how difficult to say exactly what you mean when you feel rushed or under pressure. You were fantastic honey :clapping:

And Ashley, you really are a bit of a cutey aren't you? Just kept picturing you playing our game and getting all frustrated!

Brill folks xx

And Ashley, you really are a bit of a cutey aren't you? Just kept picturing you playing our game and getting all frustrated!

Picture it like this, which would be a good representation... Me each time I would log on and see you had yet again beat my score... = :censored:

:lol:

Guest purrfect

eer, you sure you were looking at the right person? I cringed when I saw myself, yuck.

I thought you were rather dashing. I also thought Hayley has the mosy beautiful hair.

It did come across well, especially once that dizzy cow stopped talking about her boobs. Isn't life unfair to have to pay for people to look at you. The look at me all the time and thats without my boobs on display (its usually because I'm the only one in summer wearing gloves).

Guest hayley73

Well done Hayley and Ashley!!!!!!!!!!! Finally I know the faces behind you both. Don't know how you both kept a serious face with that woman and her INFLATED boobs!!!!!!!!!!! She almost put me off my dinner :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest Gabriellem

Hi there I saw this today , well done to you both.I did get a little irritated that Vanessa was asking the crowd what they thought about OCD when they really were lacking in the knowledge to make any judgements and I also thought they could have had someone praps a psychologist to explain ocd properly.I too got a bit bored with the Melinda Messenger lookalike and her boobs but the placenta eater now theres an idea!Enough to fuel my ocd for weeks!It was lovely to see you both talking so eloquently and I'd like to say thanks to you for raising awareness! Hugs Gabby xx

the boobs woman had been on x factor in the early stages, i remember her, obviously trying to 'milk' (geddit) the publicity machine!!!!

i think our hayley and ashley did fabulously!! and its a shame that they didnt include the other ocd-ukers or have a psychologist for another view of ocd.

Guest HayleyMartin

I missed it :(

So, what did the members of the studio audience say about ocd?

i ain't got a clue :headslap:

i was far too busy eyeing up a cute little blond fella on the second row ...fourth along from the left ...with a shirt on and a tie as blue as his stunning eyes :love:

did anyone else see him- wow...i tried to follow him but security stopped me :blushing:

man ...he was :whistling:

hey erm...... thanks for your lovely comments guys-....i always find words wowfully inadequate to express things sometimes (hence the frantic arm gestures and strange face pulling on tv) but with my wowfully inadequate words ....thankyou :notworthy: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx erm ....i'm not worthy of the comments ....but hey thankyou xxxxx

Edited by HayleyMartin

Hayley, Hayley, Hayley........What can I say but :hug: :hug: to you

That was so brave of you, I couldn't have done it, nor I reckon could many non-sufferers get through a television interview, so Well Done.

I was pleasantly surprised at the audience, looking at their faces all I saw was concern, sympathy and admiration which was great.....there was no hint of ridicule or smirks, you did a great thing in raising the awareness stakes yesterday :thumb up:

(...and Ashley of course :p )

But what about you? What help do you get in tackling your OCD? I'd love to see that brave woman I saw on TV to get the help to tame her OCD.

Caramoole :)

Guest HayleyMartin

Hayley, Hayley, Hayley........What can I say but :hug: to you

That was so brave of you, I couldn't have done it, nor I reckon could many non-sufferers get through a television interview, so Well Done.

I was pleasantly surprised at the audience, looking at their faces all I saw was concern, sympathy and admiration which was great.....there was no hint of ridicule or smirks, you did a great thing in raising the awareness stakes yesterday

(...and Ashley of course )

But what about you? What help do you get in tackling your OCD? I'd love to see that brave woman I saw on TV to get the help to tame her OCD.

awww thanks :blushing: :original:

i know ...that's it though .... that's what's up with me and what fuels my ocd .....it's all about the consequences of my actions, as to whether i think i can do something or not...... if the worse case scenario is that i make a complete plonker out of myself , and people laugh at me- then that's fine- it doesnt bother me ... i can do it....but the stakes are far higher if i mess up with loads of my things like my pets , which is why i have such a problem....it's the consequences in worst case scenario's isnt it...whether you feel capable of doing something or not.

actually that's quite interesting maybe as sufferers we just feel like we can't do something when actually we can but we don't try.....cause if someone had of asked me if i thought i could do tv interviews i would have said 'no' and found it the most .....so not me thing i'd ever heard of

maybe we dont know what we are capable of doing until we try .

thanks for your lovely comments- will have to have a think about what you have said- thanks for that xxxxx :p

Edited by HayleyMartin
  • 2 weeks later...
actually that's quite interesting maybe as sufferers we just feel like we can't do something when actually we can but we don't try.....cause if someone had of asked me if i thought i could do tv interviews i would have said 'no' and found it the most .....so not me thing i'd ever heard of

maybe we dont know what we are capable of doing until we try .

You just re-read that statement back and have a good think about it young lady :)

You wrote that, not me!!

Hayley, you deserve so much more for yourself and you CAN do this, it may be slowly, slowly but you can.

I know, been there Done that and all that :xmas_cheesygrin:

I know what it's like with your dogs, I've got two and they're paramount in my life. My fellow Mod, The Collie Crew's got a whole pack and she worries too.

You won't forget ANYTHING Hayley, because you love them too much.

Do you hear " THAT'S WHY YOUR OCD MANIFESTS ITSELF AROUND THEM"

I've had loads of fears surrounding mine, that I might let them off their leads on purpose and lose them, that I might harm them, they used to lay at the bottom of the stairs and I used to fear that I might jump on their heads on purpose when I went downstairs, nuts, ain't it? :blushing:

We fear this "Because it's the last thing on earth we'd ever do" That's OCD it picks on the thing that we'd LEAST EVER DO OR WANT TO.

So where do we start with you Young Lady?

What about going to bed and getting some sleep? What about starting small, going to bed at 10pm for say 2 hours, set your alarm to get up at 12Am and then prop yourself in the chair as you do? Hmmmmm???

Are you up for it?

Get yourself over to my Challenge Club and see what you can do. If two hours is too much, make it one hour.

Imagine your pooches having a Happy Mum! What better Christmas Pressie for them?

I'm on your case Hayley, I so felt for you and you deserve so much more.

How's about it?

Caramoole :hug:

Guest HayleyMartin
You just re-read that statement back and have a good think about it young lady :)

You wrote that, not me!!

Hayley, you deserve so much more for yourself and you CAN do this, it may be slowly, slowly but you can.

I know, been there Done that and all that :xmas_cheesygrin:

I know what it's like with your dogs, I've got two and they're paramount in my life. My fellow Mod, The Collie Crew's got a whole pack and she worries too.

You won't forget ANYTHING Hayley, because you love them too much.

Do you hear " THAT'S WHY YOUR OCD MANIFESTS ITSELF AROUND THEM"

I've had loads of fears surrounding mine, that I might let them off their leads on purpose and lose them, that I might harm them, they used to lay at the bottom of the stairs and I used to fear that I might jump on their heads on purpose when I went downstairs, nuts, ain't it? :blushing:

We fear this "Because it's the last thing on earth we'd ever do" That's OCD it picks on the thing that we'd LEAST EVER DO OR WANT TO.

So where do we start with you Young Lady?

What about going to bed and getting some sleep? What about starting small, going to bed at 10pm for say 2 hours, set your alarm to get up at 12Am and then prop yourself in the chair as you do? Hmmmmm???

Are you up for it?

Get yourself over to my Challenge Club and see what you can do. If two hours is too much, make it one hour.

Imagine your pooches having a Happy Mum! What better Christmas Pressie for them?

I'm on your case Hayley, I so felt for you and you deserve so much more.

How's about it?

Caramoole :hug:

will try - thanks hunnyxxxxxxxxxxxx

gonna log my progress in my blog .

bless you and thank you hunny xxxxxxxx

Guest 574lk3r

i received the dvd,

was really interesting,

i do think the guest was brave (not sure of her name atm),

i would never have the bottle to go on tv.

vanessa was a bit parionising at times,

which would have made me feel worse,

well done, took great courage and you came across great.

will try - thanks hunnyxxxxxxxxxxxx

gonna log my progress in my blog .

bless you and thank you hunny xxxxxxxx

No need for Thanks and I'll be watching that blog ;)

What you did the other week was phenomenal, I'm a pretty confident person but there's no way I could have done what you did, not ever :) If you could do that, there's a pretty good chance you could do anything for the right reasons.

You went on TV to raise awareness because you believed in it, that's what gave you the courage to do something most of us never could or would.

Your fear issues around your dogs are because they are so very precious to you, that's why the thought "If anything going wrong" scares you witless....turn it on its head Hayley, because they are so important to you I'll guarantee nothing will, despite OCD making you feel that way. As I've said before, I've had fears around mine, I don't now. Think how brilliant it would be for them and you if you could tame this.

Challenging and defying OCD's relentless attack is hellish scary, I don't belittle that...it is and it's like flying in the face of all the safety procedures we've put in place. The only thing at risk here is your sanity, your dogs will be just fine, trust me.

Make the risks manageable for now, whatever it takes. If you can't do what I suggested in my last post, take it back a step. Once you've fed the dogs, checked the list, are reasonably "okay-ish" with it, go and lay down for an hour, even if you don't sleep. If you can't do an hour do half, if you can't do that, do fifteen minutes but get onto that bed and lay down, even if it's 2 minutes. Remind yourself that you're fighting back on behalf of your pooches :)

It's never too late to start Hayley, no challenge is ever too great if we take each one back to a manageable chunk, it can be thirty seconds if that's what it takes.

I'm setting you a Christmas Present Challenge for you and the dogs, for the dogs........let's see you go and lie down for ten minutes, in bed, before Christmas Day, your time, your call...but ten minutes ;)

I'll be willing you on ;)