Vanessa's Real Lives - OCD feature

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was definatly got to be sam who told you to do the same thing :lol: I actually thought that she was pretending to be in bed with her fella :blushing:

And yes I didnt know if you knew I was spreading marmite on my hand :blushing: :wallbash: stupid thing to do I know .

Guest HayleyMartin

I think that was definatly got to be sam who told you to do the same thi I actually thought that she was pretending to be in bed with her fella

And yes I didnt know if you knew I was spreading marmite on my hand :blushing: :wallbash: stupid thing to do I know .

it was brilliant- you and i are obviously on the same wavelength cause i understood immediately :clapping:

r we both loopy :a1_cheesygrin:

you are so funny .....sams thought process mmm i'm on tv i think i'll pretend to be in bed with my fella :haha:

Guest Marmite

:p I do suspect that we are both Loopy yes :lol:

it was me that thought that about Michelle (the boobs) and her fella :lmfao:

It was just soooo funny I couldn't help it.

Marmite xxx U either Love me or you Dont :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest HayleyMartin

:p I do suspect that we are both Loopy yes

it was me that thought that about Michelle (the boobs) and her fella :lmfao:

It was just soooo funny I couldn't help it.

Marmite xxx U either Love me or you Dont

oh i got mixed up,- i thought you were refering to sam- u meant michelle :headslap: :a1_cheesygrin:

i love you marmite- i think u r ace :original:

Guest brennie

Hey Girls, you sound like you got wicked sense of humour and thats FAB, i have to make fun of myself cos' if you dont laugh, whats left ?? we cant be sad and cry all the time.

I wish i could have been there with you all, i would so like to meet you ALL sometime so will you let me know if any event comes up in the near future.

Cheers Brennie x

Guest HayleyMartin

Hey Girls, you sound like you got wicked sense of humour and thats FAB, i have to make fun of myself cos' if you dont laugh, whats left ?? we cant be sad and cry all the time.

I wish i could have been there with you all, i would so like to meet you ALL sometime so will you let me know if any event comes up in the near future.

Cheers Brennie x

will do :a1_cheesygrin:

i never even got to speak to the others that were there though brennie-i was gutted, they took me off in a seperate room, and the first i even saw of the others, was when i walked on in front of the camera's- so i haven't met any of them yet :headslap: (apart from my mate stevie :p )

i got a few hand signals from them and that was it (polite ones! i think :lol: )

- they must have heard about my dodgy reputation for causing chaos before hand and deliberately kept me seperate from the others :haha:

there r some social events coming up brennie, where u could meet some of us- r u going to paul skorfskis meeting in london that's coming up, or the jeffrey schwartzs one???

or there is the anxiety disorders conference in manchester- i think u already know about that one dont u - u could meet us there- would be lovely to meet u too- ocd is so lonely isn't it!!!!

Edited by HayleyMartin
Guest Fallen Angel

Hi Hayley,I just wanted to point out that we asked the crew on more than one occassion if we could see you and wish you luck and stuff but they werent having any of it and said you were fine! I desperately wanted to go and chat to you in the studio but wasnt allowed to.Wish I had done anyway to be honest....sorry babe,I felt bad after.I should have told the crew to get ******* Love Sam.xxxxxxxxxxYou were absolutely incredible by the way and when they were filming you spoke very clearly and confidently.I was seriously impressed pal.

Guest HayleyMartin

:blushing: aww thanks :blushing:

it was so weird how they did it wasn't it.....i just thought that it would be totally different, i thought we would all be together on like a panel -i have no idea why they did it like they did???

don't worry honey- i knew that you guys would have been trying to get to me and asking how i was- i know u all well enough to know that there was no way that u would have left me if u knew i was upset.

i was actually fine to be honest, they did look after me really really well- they kept bringing me fruit, drinks, biscuits, sandwiches and kept coming in all the time to see how i was- and i was fine- but i wanted to meet you guys- never mind- 1 day soon hopefully :original:

where were you guys just as a matter of interest? were you in that green room on the same floor as me- i was in that dressing room number 2- were u just down the corridor from me, or were you in the studio the whole time?

who sent the bunch of flowers? :lol:

p.s you guys were absolutely fantastic!!!!!! so fluent when u were speaking - just explaining ocd in such clear terms- no sign of nerves what so ever from you guys you all looked like pro's !

professionals that is-(not the other sort sam :haha: )

Guest Marmite

Green room ha thats a laugh, it was a long room with bare white painted brick walls. I think we were on the first floor but I'm not sure cause they took me to the wrong room at 1st and thought I was with the boob job women :headslap:

I think we all got to be a little bit nuts with OCD, even though I think some of you skipped the nuts part and it went staright to me hehehehe.

I felt like I rushed my part because vanessa seemed to be hovering with the microphone waiting to get to the next part. I wanted to explain it more instead of kinda telling a story.

But move over Hayley Marmite's on the scene :a1_cheesygrin: Who sent you the bunch of flowers hey????? I didn't flipping get any, even though I would have prefered a Big box of chocolates, so next time you'll have to tell them that's what you'd like :wink:

Keep laughing girl Marmite xxxx

Guest Marmite

Thanks Kirstie, :a1_cheesygrin:

I'm really hoping to achieve what I set out to do and that

was to try to touch someone, even if it's only one person

then it will have all been worth it.

I want to raise awareness and hopefully someone maybe able to identify with my Nutty ways :lol:

Marmite :p

• 1 month later...
Guest HayleyMartin

:eek: :faint: :blushing: :lol: :whistling:

i think this starts next monday.......

there i was sitting watching coronation street....then the next minute the trailor came on for it.......

then the next minute the trailor came on for it.......

yes, I noticed the lovely lady who was the first feature of our show, she made two good points I thought. :whistling: But back to us, if we were show 22 I can't see us being on until Christmas or New Year.

Guest HayleyMartin

A S H L E Y !!!!!!!

i can't believe you said that :lol: :laugh: brillliant.

i just got it :blushing: :clapping:

took me a while though :headslap:

could do with knowing when we are on, as i need to either break my parents telly or distract them so they don't see me.

do you think that we will be on in the order that we filmed...hopefully so i have some time to plan my stratergies

Guest purrfect

First of all, congratulations Hayley. You did so good Girl. You got the point actross eloquently and showed people who probably have never thought about it what OCD is all about.

And Ashley.......humina humina humina :wink: .

^Don't let my John see that.

Guest drumsticks

Hi guys, i would just like to say that i watched the Vanessa programme you were on and i think you all did a great job of telling people what OCD is about. I think it took real guts for all of you to go on the programme and i'm sure i'm not the only one who apreciates it!

Guest Seaturtle

Hi All

Just been watching that new show Vanessa's Real Lives and seen Ashley on tv!! at least I think it was the Ashley from here as he had his OCD UK badge on.. Anyway did anyone else just see it? it gave a fantastic insight to OCD as Vanessa spoke to a Woman called Hayley who explained how badly her OCD has affected her for the last few years, and she really made people understand just how real and distressing it can be. It's the most sense I've ever seen anyone get across about this disorder and even most of the audience seemed to understand by the end of it. Ashley spoke about how severe his handwashing has been and the whole thing was really positive for OCD sufferers, I like this show much more after this morning!!

Just wanted to say thanks to Ashley and others who were brave enough to go on tv and bring positive awareness for all of us.

Edited by Seaturtle

well done hayley, ashley and everyone else who was there,

just to go there and sit with all those people who probably dont have much of a clue about ocd was so impresssive and very brave...let alone speak about it...

well done

Edited by Mel1971

Indeed, a huge :clapping: to Hayley, I am slightly disappointed that messers Samantha, Marmite, Stephen and Diana were edited out, although from what they told me I think they might be relieved, but it is a shame because between us we covered most OCD types.

But that aside, it does not take away from what Hayley did, very brave and honest account.... respect girl.

And Ashley.......humina humina humina :wink: .

eer, you sure you were looking at the right person? I cringed when I saw myself, yuck.

obviously the boobs won...i never thought that segment would end....i went and made a cup of tea while that was going on...it was boring....

Oh I dunno :whistling:

Hi guys, i would just like to say that i watched the Vanessa programme you were on and i think you all did a great job of telling people what OCD is about. I think it took real guts for all of you to go on the programme and i'm sure i'm not the only one who apreciates it!

thank you drumsticks, it is nice to get such comments which does make us feel it is worthwhile doing.

Guest brennie

hi'a , i am gobsmacked how fantastic Hayley was on Vanessa today, she told just a small part of her OCD which i'm sure she had loads and loads more she could have said had the chance, i know myself if i get the chance for someone to listen to me i want to tell ALL.

I was extremley proud of Hayley ... well done buddy !!

It was also good to put a face to the name of Ashley, you were amazing Ashley..... as always.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into OCD UK, without the communication from fellowsufferers most of us would be alone with it.

With Love and Regards Brennie x