I am having probably the worst day I've had in the last year. My anxiety/stress symptoms are so bad I've hardly known what to do. I've been on my own all day and the physical stress symptoms have been almost intolerable. I get really scared because it pushes my blood pressure up.

I don't know how other people's are but I find these anxiety attacks terrifying, that accompanied by OCD. They say that anxiety subsides.....I think that's very true of a typical panic attack, then there are other days where it has you in a vice all day...and next day's usually as bad. Today I'm just not coping and all the knowledge I have seems to make no difference :lol:

Sorry to moan....I'm just not finding a foothold today :(

Caramoole, i'm sorry to hear you're having a **** day! but even though the anxiety seems to not be subsiding, it will-i promise! but the relaxation process can be sped up...get lots of fresh air and sunshine, do some excercise...even if its just for a walk-you may think it won't help and it may be the last thing you want to be doing, but it really does help! (excercise gets rid of cortisol, the stress hormone!) But basically the most important thing is to try and take your mind of the anxiety-just thinking about it reinforces it and so it takes longer to go...so do something/anything that you enjoy or that will distract you. oh and try to get plenty of sleep!

i really hope you feel better soon. (here's a hand picked flower for you to cheer you up: :( ! :grin: )

take care, things will get better :lol:

Hi Caramoole,

Sorry to hear you were having such a bad day, hopefully the anxiety's subsided a bit by now. Just remember that the anxiety will fade eventually and so it'll get better. Hang in there.

You also said that you've been on your own all day. I find that if I'm anxious then sometimes being around other people can help me - it calms me down a bit. Just a suggestion, it might or might not help.

Take care Caramoole

Hi Caramoole

Stick in there buddy it will get better. I know it may not seem like this but it WILL. Obviously you know the knowledge you have and techniques you have should work, but even if they don't at the moment, don't panic. OCD tries to worm its way round them, but don't let it win!

All the best

Stephen

• 4 months later...

I suffer from anxiety aswell as OCD...l get very frightened when l am on my own and that makes me clingy, l do have the attacks l have under control most the time, l fight them hard but it's like the suffering and torment never ends, l find a change of enviroment or crowded places bring on these attcks plus if l drink to much alcohol and am on a bad come down the next day, it's a vicious circle!

• 1 month later...
Guest jaded_and_back

Hi all,

Having finally managed to sign into this site im intrigued there are so many of us out there with related/similar situations.

I suffered from acute anxiety disorder for 2 yrs...whilst life was great...then life hit a bad patch and i found immense confidence and relocated house and job (NHS employee so i hav a lot of insider knowledge of my own condition - but the rationale never helped at the time!) Spent last two years feeling 100 per cent!

However, another 2 yrs later I find all the old symptoms returning for no explicit reason and i realise that maybe i need to once again reach out and grab back that confidence that will help me get over things!

Im a logical person and the sheer fact that this thing is so random and unexplainable annoys me!! I can look at myself and realise im being irrational..yet theres not a damn thing I can do about it...although i do feel i have found little ways of talking myself ''normal''!!

Trying to explain the inappropriate thoughts and irrational fears to an outsider is so difficult....even professionals find it hard to understand as you have to 'experience' it to really understand. I work with people with other difficulties, and whilst this gives me empathy, ultimately, it dont help matters much!!

Would love to hear from anyone with another perspective on this!

JBB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am really sorry to hear you've been having a rough time I hope you are feeling better by now. I know exactly what you mean, I have had anxiety symtoms so bad lately I think it's more due to depression and that brings it on. Anxiety can bring on depression and viseversa. Try relaxing a bit maybe taking a hot bath or walking I know it's so cold now it's about impossible to think about walking. Goo luck to you! :(

Guest jaded_and_back

well i am habving major problems even finding my way around this site but i shall persevere!!!! yeh odd moments of panic are ''normal''...i dont have the depression thing fortunately....if i described the weekend i had (motoring episode which scared the life outa me!) you would realise im not a panicky type...yet this thing hangs over me at the most inappropriate moments.....i sometimes try to rationalise it and put it into perspective....i was 40 yrs old b4 it hit me...from no where.....and i dealt with more crisis in my life than many....and im a laughing madonna wannabe with a firm grip on reality (!) so why does it happen? and when does it end? its nice knowing other ppl hav this because for a long while i felt totally weird and alone with it.....i truly think im probably almost 95 % over things....but that little old 5% is a killer!!!!! All replies welcome!