Can anyone help

Guest Sammyhostie

Guest Sammyhostie

hi guys

i havent posted on here for ages because to be honest, i havent felt as though i really "belonged." ive recently lost my baby son, and to be honest having OCD which i know is essentially in my head just dosent seem that important.

But OCD is still there. it is still there 24/7, but somehow i ignore it and just get on with it. i still do my compulsions, still have the same thoughts as before although they turn to wayne sometimes. but most of the time i just ignore it.

but what i want to know is do you think it will always be there? Thomas has made me re-evaluate everything in my life, and now i know that OCD is all in my head and its such a waste to let it rule our lives.

But even though i think that, it dosent go away. Do you think it ever will?

sorry to ramble,

stay strong everyone

Sammy xx

Guest Primrose

Hi Sammy,

Firstly I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. You must be so brave. This shows that you are an extremely strong person and you cannot let OCD beat you. You seem to be going through such a lot right now and as you say, the less importance you give OCD the less you're thoughts seem to come. I recently managed to cut down on all my rituals and because of this my thoughts are not just as strong as they were but they are still there. The less importance we give it, the moe I hope it will fade to hardly anything. I don't think it ever leaves you 100% but I think we can teach ourselves to cope with it better. You seem to be doing this already and I really admire you for it. You are such a wonderful person and you really put OCD into perspective for us all.

Take care of yourself. You're never alone if you need to talk.

Primrose

xxx

Edited by Guest
Guest Marmite

You know we all have you in our hearts :heart:

:hug: I dont know whether this is just me or it goes for everybody but

as far as I am concerned I never really think that OCD will ever leave us.

When something major happens in our life like unfortunatly it did in yours

then it takes a back seat because we have more important things to think about.

A person leaving this life to go onto another is the biggest event in our lives that

makes us think about how precious our own lives are.

I'm really sorry for not being able to cheer you up :blushing: but i believe that

I have to give you my honest opinion.

Take care Love Marmite

p.s for Thomas and you

Kisses to Cover

Hugs to Smother

Edited by Guest

Hi Sammy.

I am glad to see you are ok after your sad loss. You have been in my thoughts.

I have asked myself the same question about ocd several times and to be honest I don't know, not much help am I! :whistling:

Over this past year though I have had such a dramatic change in my ocd. I have accepted it as part of me and I have delt with it. While I know it is there and probably may well always be there, I can control it instead of it controlling me. Sometimes I do slip up and ruminate and ask for reassurance but my compulsions for doing so have dramatically increased.

I am not sure what caused this change, I think it is down to several things, finding this site and ocd-uk, knowing that I am not alone and I have such a wonderful group of people on here to turn to if I need help, the death of my great grandma also played a part - after her passing my ocd tried to wear me down but I was determined to be strong, gran was such a strong determined woman even though at 102 years old, she couldn't hear and her eye sight had vertually gone, I wanted to carry her strength on.

I am determined to enjoy my life whatever may be thrown my way, be it good or bad. At the end of the day, ocd is part of me and has been since I was young, I accept it and it no longer rules me.

Sending you loads of hugs as always :hug:

Sara

Guest Macquelius

I think about you Sammy and I am glad to hear from you.

The grief process is a long one and you have to go through all the stages before you can begin to start to heal.

You sound as though you are doing ok, whatver ok is.

OCD is a battle, and grief is a battle and you cannot fight them alone. That is what all these wonderful people are here for. Make use of them.

Guest ca02049

Hi Sammy

I am so saddened to read your post about the loss of little Thomas. I really do send you and wayne lots of thoughts and prayers and i really mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I think OCD is something that has its ups and downs, sometimes it doesnt get in the way of our life and other times it takes over our life. However, i do feel OCD makes you a special person, no other forum in the world could contain more kind, loving and caring people. You are especailly one of those as i know i have had inspiriation from your words in the past and i really hope i can try and return some support your way.

Please take care and i'm here if you want to chat.

Thinking of you all xx

Guest Sammyhostie

Thank you all so much xx

Its so hard trying to get through my grief, and then OCD as well on top of that. I dont really know how i juggle both but i do.

xx

Hi, Sammy.

Hope you two are as well as can be expected.

I don't really feel qualified to answer your question. But I'd like to say that you're incredibly brave and strong.

They say that OCD never leaves us completely, but that we can learn to control it and to cope with it so that it doesn't really bother us anymore.

Still thinking of you,

"newman" x