Hi

I am off work with stress at the moment, been doing this job for over 3 years. This past year ive had days off sick when i just couldn't face going in. Inventually i went over my sick leave entitlement which is two weeks so i got pulled up about it. I sorted that out but i really haven't been coping the last few weeks at work i feel really low all the time and last week i was feeling trapped and didn't see anyway out of this. I went into work on Monday but ending up coming home. At one time i wouldn't have had courage to go to the line manager and id handle things the wrong way (in the past things have got to much in situtions and i have walked out). I went and saw my line manager and talked things threw i went the doctors and have been signed off till the New year. I am now really worried because i really don't want to have to go back but need to for the money we carn't live on just my husbands wages. I had a letter from work re-my abbences and they want to write to my doctor which i have sent a consent off for, they want to review whats best for me and the job. Im worried that when i go back ill loose my job and they won't think i can cope. My husband has said about looking for something else because i haven't been happy there for ages ( we have moved in with another department and work load is increasing and we have less staff than this time last year) i look at jobs and just don't know what i can go for i worry about coping i feel trapped at the moment.

Im struggling at home aswell because i carn't switch off, think ive got to being doing something all the time like things that need to be done in the home.

I have been to see a counceller again and i felt better after i came out of there, but things seem hopeless at the moment i normally really look forward to Christmas but i just think it will soon be over and then it's back to normal i just carn't enjoy the here and now :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:.

Thanks for listening just need to get it off my chest

Thanks

NGU

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're going through such a bad patch at the moment. Try not to look too far ahead, as that will probably stress you out and depress you even more (as I've found, myself.) Try to stay calm and try and keep your mind occupied (refocus) so your worries don't spin out of control.

Hope you feel better soon.

"newman"

Hi

Work is the worst place to be when you are feeling low and I admit I have have had a lot of days off this year because I have been feeling down because of my OCD but have used to slightest excuse (e.g. a the slightest cold) to get time off.

What newman said is spot on - take each day as it comes. Lose yourself in Christmas and the New Year.

As for your job, I am sure that if they write to you doctor and he tells them about your condition, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried to get rid of you. You have been there for three years, which is a long time in a job these days. They have a duty as an employer to accomodate you. After all, if you had a physical defect, they would have to make changes to accomodate you.

I hope it works out for you. I hope you can sort things out at work. If you're employer is being difficult about it, print off a copy of the OCD booklet from this website and give it to your manager to read. There is a lot of ignorance about OCD - a lot of people think it is a checking of cleaning thing and goes no further.

Take care.

Spider

Guest FobicFairy

Hi NGU,

Sorry to hear things are rough at the moment. I think the hardest part is that you are off with stress but that being off for that reason adds to the feeling of anxiety. I hope your employer can see this as a blip due to changes at work and maybe a touch of Christmas anxiety and let you make a fresh start in the new year. Its ok to avoid the thoughts by keeping occupied as long as the thing you choose to do doesn't cause more anxiety. I hope you can find something to do that will be relaxing or that you enjoy, although at least cleaning the oven is practical. It might be a good idea to look for a new job next year, if you could find something you really like then I think it would help a lot. There is a big difference between having a big workload of something you don't enjoy and something interesting you can really get your teeth into.

For now just try to take one day at a time and not get hung up on guilt, it isn't your fault that you have OCD or stress, and worrying about it will only add to the anxiety. You do really well usually and this will pass like it has at other times, try not to look too far ahead for now and concentrate on looking after yourself. I know it's hard not to worry, and your OCD is having a field day, but try to think that whether you worry or not wont make any difference to what happens when you go back to work in January.

Remember how we said how lucky we are to have such great partners, hold that thought, we have a lot really, being loved unconditionally is worth a 100 crappy jobs.

I would make you one of those on/off switches we talked about if I could so you could take a mental break, I needed one last week, first time I self harmed in ages, but I feel LOTS better now, we all have our dips but we come out the other side again, hang on in there sweetie.

:hug:

FF

Edited by Guest

Thank you so much Newman, spider and FF for your kind words.

You are all right

being loved unconditionally is worth a 100 crappy jobs.
FF that is so true that's what the counceller said to me that OCD is like a piece of pie and it is only a small part i have my Husband, family and friends and hopefully still have a job. They are all the important things in my life OCD is what i let it be i don't want it to be more than a small piece of the pie.

Try to stay calm and try and keep your mind occupied (refocus) so your worries don't spin out of control.

Easier said than done aye but i am trying to just focus on the hear and now what will be will be and im going to go back work fighting. Im not going to givin that easy else He the OCD has won.

Lose yourself in Christmas and the New Year.

I am going to enjoy christmas and worry as little as i can, ive always loved Xmas :xmas_smile: im a big Kid at heart and i am now determined to enjoy it as much as ever.

Thankyou again you have all made me feel much better

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL :xmas_cheesygrin::xmas_smile::HappyXmas:

I don't know what i would do with out OCD UK

NGU

Edited by Guest