Hi. I'm back!!

Hi All,

I am back from my 2 week stay in hospital. I feel more able to face the world and help myself. I have learnt some new tools to deal with my problems which is good. I know I still have a long way to go, but at least I have made a constructive start. I have missed you all, but felt the time away from the internet was beneficial to me and now I can start afresh with everything. Christmas is going to be hard, but I am going to give it a go. My medication has been changed, which will hopefully help. I am going to go to the hospital every Wednesday as an outpatient to do the group sessions - assertiveness, self-esteem and OCD. I will also have regular therapy sessions and see my psychiatrist every other week.

A fresh start :original:

I hope you are all ok and have a lovely, restful Christmas.

Sarah

xx

Guest Muse_Man

Good news Sarah :original: Shame your OCD has been so bad lately that you had to check in to Hospital. Though happy that its helped you and feel better in yourself.

Happy christmas :xmas_cheesygrin:

Hi Sarah,

Im happy to hear youre doing better after being in hospital:)

(The isolation from the internet thing can be really beneficial for me for example).

I think its great your going to attend the group meetings now. I myself was in a group therapy recently but i chickened out as it was hard, cuz the group was not for OCd in particular but for different things. Now im missing the meetings a bit. I hope youll find yours really helpful Dear.

merry xmas

Selena

Guest purrfect

I am so glad you are back. We were worried about you, but totally understood why you had to go. I'm glad you have come out with a fresh attitude and new lease on life, and I wish you nothing but the best over the christmas period and into the new year.

:group:

mhairi.

Thanks for your replies. I really appreciate them. :original:

While I was in hospital I was re-diagnosed. I have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). If any of you know about this disorder then I need to make it clear that I was not abused as a child or ever in my life and I don't know what has caused this. I also have biological depression and anxiety. My OCD is now described as OCD symptoms.

It has been very hard to take all this in and I still don't fully understand it. In fact the BPD diagnosis is doing my head in and I can't stop worrying about it. It isn't as well known and there are very few help networks for people with BPD.

I know that it is only a temporary solution, but I would love to go back into the hospital. The meds I am on now to cope with my tension make me tired and irritable. I can't concentrate on anything anymore.

Has anyone else been diagnosed with BPD? How do you cope?

I hope I am still welcome on the board with my 'OCD Symptoms'. To me my OCD is very real and makes my lie hard, like I know it does for everyone else.

Sarah

xx

Guest sweetie

Hi Sarah

Welcome back to the board. I hope you continue to make the progress that you made while in hospital.

I've read quite a bit about BPD and although I haven't been diagnosed with it, I can recognise a lot of the symptoms in myself. Try not to worry about this Sarah. I sometimes think that labelling people does people more harm than good. My therapist said that personality disorders are hard to treat and so did my psychiatrist, so I started worrying then that I had one, and then they later when I asked about this they denied having said any of it to me. Perhaps it's best I don't know. There's something else for your OCD to latch onto. Try not to let it.

As moderators and others have said. We are so much more than OCD sufferers or whatever label it is that we've been given. We're human beings with our own unique personalities and special gifts.

Take care and stay positive.

x