I've made a chicken curry for the first time!

Hi all,

I was thinking that I should fight my OCD some more so I decided to surprise my fiancé and prepare chicken for dinner. I've never cooked chicken before because I have quite big OCD issues surrounding it because I worry about the raw chicken contaminating stuff - hands, chopping board, clothes, other utensils in the kitchen etc.

A year ago I couldn't even go near raw meat, even when it was in a freezer bag still, and then a few months ago I started cooking mince. Since then I've made spaghetti bolognese a few times and a chilli con carne once. But I've never been brave enough to prepare and cook chicken. I've even only managed to wash the chopping board after it's been used to cut chicken on a couple of times.

This evening I chopped the raw chicken and cooked it in a wok. I've also washed up the chopping board and knife, and wiped down the food preparation surface. I did go a bit overboard on the cleaning - washed too many things. But at least I've managed it.

No idea what this curry will taste like but hopefully it'll be yummy! :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest Creative Cat

Hi Northern Star,

That is great!! Good for you!! Glad to hear that you're moving forward.

If it helps any, I cook raw meat all the time. I just made a big tray of chicken over the weekend. Good for you so you can enjoy some good food.

Creative Cat

Guest AnxiousCarolyn

Well done! I know how you feel i hate cooking meat and fish! i so worry i will poison some one so i tend to over cook food then i know its cooked! but i have to take a mental note of everything i hate touched the whole way through its hard work!