Challenge Club-Merged Threads

Well done, Biccy - I used to hate putting petrol in my car when I had one and also just buying anything from a garage - cos of the petrol.

Well, recently I have really been slipping. I haven't been to the gym for almost 2 weeks, partly because I was unwell last week but mainly because I haven't made the effort. My challenge is to go again tomorrow and get back into the habit of going regularly.

It's not a major challenge but I want to write it down because it is an important thing to me and I know it will help me to feel better generally.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, Biccy - I used to hate putting petrol in my car when I had one and also just buying anything from a garage - cos of the petrol.

Well, recently I have really been slipping. I haven't been to the gym for almost 2 weeks, partly because I was unwell last week but mainly because I haven't made the effort. My challenge is to go again tomorrow and get back into the habit of going regularly.

It's not a major challenge but I want to write it down because it is an important thing to me and I know it will help me to feel better generally.

thanks rachie i have another attempt at it today......

sorry to hear you have been unwell that would stop most from going to the gym once you get back in there is will be like you never missed it .. you go girl :clapping:

I am going to focus on my job and let other things in my life take care of themselves for a while. I am not going to talk to my ex boyfriend for two weeks....it is bloody embarassing writing this again, I am forever falling over with this one and picking myself up again and it does frustrate me just how HARD i find this...but onwards and upwards, I really need help on this, I'm glad you lot are there. :original:

I am going to focus on my job and let other things in my life take care of themselves for a while. I am not going to talk to my ex boyfriend for two weeks....it is bloody embarassing writing this again, I am forever falling over with this one and picking myself up again and it does frustrate me just how HARD i find this...but onwards and upwards, I really need help on this, I'm glad you lot are there. :original:

one day at a time mate youll get there and before long you would have forgotten you hadnt called

you can do it girl

Im fairly new to the site so i hope you dont mind me butting in,ive seen how well you are all doing and i want to say "good for you"...ive been thinking about what really gets to me the most and obviously one thing at a time so ive chosen to...i have to keep tapping things before i can let go of them,it drives me mad but i cant help it,so when i let go of a glass...anything really... i let go and no tapping,oh blimey wish me luck.

wendy

well my latest challenge with the petrol is still on going this week i have to drop one of the safety behaviours that go along with getting it so i will go today and work out what to drop when i get there maybe not wash my hands till i get home , the other challenge is to use kettle at work with no checking of plugs water near it etc have done it once so far and it was ok though i didnt fill it up and i was still trying to be safe but this i think will be easier to bash ....

Guest ladyhonda

well my latest challenge with the petrol is still on going this week i have to drop one of the safety behaviours that go along with getting it so i will go today and work out what to drop when i get there maybe not wash my hands till i get home , the other challenge is to use kettle at work with no checking of plugs water near it etc have done it once so far and it was ok though i didnt fill it up and i was still trying to be safe but this i think will be easier to bash ....

And hope it all goes ok for you, sure it will! Oooo I just love success stories.

I am going to think of 10 positive things about myself for my social worker. I wanted to put this on here, because I am really struggling and only found 3 possible things. I need to make myself do this.

I hope everyone elses challenges are going well.

Sarah

Im fairly new to the site i have to keep tapping things before i can let go of them,it drives me mad but i cant help it,so when i let go of a glass...anything really... i let go and no tapping,oh blimey wish me luck.

Hi Wendy

:welcome: to the forum

You go girl :cheer: you can do it.

well my latest challenge with the petrol is still on going this week

Hi Biccy

Well done :clapping: I bet you are really pleased. Keep it up, let me know how it goes.

I am going to think of 10 positive things about myself for my social worker.

Hi Sarah,

I'm sure you will think of 10 things, sometimes when we try too hard it seems impossible to think of anything. I'm sure when you are least expecting it one will pop into your head and start the ball rolling.

Good luck.

:censored::wallbash::wallbash: blooming heck just did the petrol but failed to stop any safety behaviours so tomorrow im filling up my sisters discovery , this is alot tougher than i thought it woudl be anxiety goes through the roof and sitting like an elephant on my chest grrr

:censored::wallbash::wallbash: blooming heck just did the petrol but failed to stop any safety behaviours so tomorrow im filling up my sisters discovery , this is alot tougher than i thought it woudl be anxiety goes through the roof and sitting like an elephant on my chest grrr

You can do it biccy. Just keep calm, take deep breaths. And when you find yourself starting a safety behaviour stop yourself. Tell yourself you don't need to as it's only the ocd at work. Thats what I do with the reassurance issue and so far it's been working for me.

:hug:

Went out for a meal last night with a couple of friends. It wasn't too bad apart from we went into the outskirts of Manchester and it was just so crowded compared to where I usually go. My mind was rolling away as we were walking to the pub after parking the car. So far not asked for reassurance about anything that my ocd brought up last night but I think distractions my be the order of the day. Was ment to be going out today too but I postponed it as I didn't think I would be able to handle it. It has also been a very stressful week at work and I know this week is going to the same. I just need to keep pushing the ocd thoughts away as best I can when they surface and not dwell on them.

You can do it biccy. Just keep calm, take deep breaths. And when you find yourself starting a safety behaviour stop yourself. Tell yourself you don't need to as it's only the ocd at work. Thats what I do with the reassurance issue and so far it's been working for me.

:hug:

Went out for a meal last night with a couple of friends. It wasn't too bad apart from we went into the outskirts of Manchester and it was just so crowded compared to where I usually go. My mind was rolling away as we were walking to the pub after parking the car. So far not asked for reassurance about anything that my ocd brought up last night but I think distractions my be the order of the day. Was ment to be going out today too but I postponed it as I didn't think I would be able to handle it. It has also been a very stressful week at work and I know this week is going to the same. I just need to keep pushing the ocd thoughts away as best I can when they surface and not dwell on them.

cheers flap

your doing great pal keep it up and well beat this for sure

ok i am challenging myself to RELAX. I just can't do this at the moment, I am on edge all day, thinking about goodness knows what all the time, and I am so so tired but I JUST CAN'T SLEEP and this is becoming so frustrating, I haven't slept properly in weeks, and I really need to. I know I need to slow down in the evenings and do something that doesn't trigger me to start thinking and analysing, like just listen to music or something. I am also going to cut down on caffiene as I am totally addicted :blushing: so I think this will help.

I think I probably hav to set myself LESS to get done, as I am currently living by lists and things to do, and I get annoyed if I do not fit them all in. Last night I actually became very anxious because I had nothing to do, and I thought, but I can't relax cos I'm sure I have forgotten something. :headslap: So... here goes!

Guest Macquelius

I have just found this. I haven't read all 42 pages but dipped in here and there. It is all sooooooooooo positive and open. That's what I love.

This is a very secretive condition and shrouded in shame and embarassment. but in the safety of the forum you can open up without fear of ridicule.

I am now sitting here thinking of something I can apply this to. OCD is new to me, although I realise now that I am not new to it :blushing: I have one large compulsion and several smaller ones. I am going to identify a minor one to confront to begin with. Actually this is both scary and exciting, because I have a real downer if I fail at anything. Ho hum :whistling: I am off now to put my thinking cap on :confused1:

hey Mac, great that u have decided to join the challenge club!! it's great to push ourselves to do these things within the safety of this forum and with support from others on here. Good luck with thinking of something - small to start then bigger things.

Guest Macquelius

I've got it :Lighten:

I'm going to stop having to have all the bathroom towels perfectly symmetrical. OMG, the very thought is freaking me out :omg_smilie: what if someone leaves one on the side of the bath?

Guest Fallen Angel

Ok its high time I joined the challenge club as Im clearly letting the side down :whistling: Right,my challenge is to be able to make coffee without washing my hands during the process or after. On a good day I can avoid washing them between stages,but very rarely after so thats a reasonable one to start with and hopefully wont be very difficult..... :haha:

hiya sam, mac , wendy good luck with your challenges make sure you keep up posted of your progress

ik know its not easy but one stop at a time youll do great

and h-777 keep it up girl you can do it try watching something funny o lightheated on tv/dvd it always helps me to wind down and a good hot bath and a pamering.

Guest Creative Cat

Hi,

I'm back on board with the Challenge Club. I need help! My ocd has been up and down lately. I have started the OCD Workbook with my therapist but am only on Chapter 4 so far. I have to say that the Response Prevention is quite effective when I can do it. When I get further into the book my therapist and I will set goals, etc.

For today my goal is to let go of some checking and cleaning. I cannot say that I will let go of ALL because that is not realistic for me right now.

I got so sick of myself this weekend! I realize that so much of my ocd is about CONTROL -- trying to control all of these things that are out of my control! I'm reallly sick of it!! I'm sick of trying to control all of these things that I cannot even see -- like contamination and germs. I let some of it go this weekend because I got to a point of just not caring after I drove myself crazy with too much cleaning!

Creative Cat

Edited by Creative Cat

ok i am challenging myself to RELAX.

Hi H

I have difficulty relaxing. My CBT gave me a relaxation cd which has four different methods of relaxation on it. I have to say the muscle group to music one really works for me I'm out like a light, but there is also imagery, breathing and I think the last one is body awareness, they are all set to music, you just have to find the one that works for you. It must be a standard cd, so maybe you could get one from your CBT.

Let me know, good luck :original:

Hi gang.

I wish you luck in your challenges :clapping:

Take it one step at a time, and remember......distractions, distractions, distractions.

I am cheering you all on (like a not so good cheerleader!!) :lol:

Flap

I've got it :Lighten:

I'm going to stop having to have all the bathroom towels perfectly symmetrical. OMG, the very thought is freaking me out :omg_smilie: what if someone leaves one on the side of the bath?

Hi Macquelius

I can't remember if I have said :welcome: so I've just said it again in case.

Good luck :clapping: with the bathroom towels, you can do it.

Guest Macquelius

OMG someone has washed their hands and left a towel dumped higgledy piggledy on top the radiator. I never realised how I always home in and shake it out and refold it. Now it is sitting there mocking me and every time I go in the bathroom it looks bigger :helpsmilie:

It doesn't help that the bathroom is downstairs. Each time I go past it pokes it's tongue out at me. It's been there half an hour so far :helpsmilie:

Edited by Macquelius

OMG someone has washed their hands and left a towel dumped higgledy piggledy on top the radiator. I never realised how I always home in and shake it out and refold it. Now it is sitting there mocking me and every time I go in the bathroom it looks bigger :helpsmilie:

It doesn't help that the bathroom is downstairs. Each time I go past it pokes it's tongue out at me. It's been there half an hour so far :helpsmilie:

And it's fine like that - leave it! You're doing a great job! x