Challenge Club-Merged Threads

Guest Creative Cat

Hi,

I really like this thread -- thanks Caramoole for bringing this up!

Okay, for today I will make an effort to "not check" on my thoughts.

I will also go to a support group tonight and not think of any excuses to not go.

I will also not change my clothes.

Thanks!

Marie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicky

Hi everyone,

I know this may sound easy for others, but I am going to go to my theray on Thursday without being petrified that my therapist is going to yell at me for beineg "naughty" - the guilt thing. Anyway I always go and am very nervous, but this time I am going to walk in, shake his hand and look him straight in the eyes :)

God he'll be surprised :lol2:

Love

Jeannie

XXXX

Thanks Blue, it went well, infact better; I drank out of a can. May not sound like much but to me it was.

My challenge is for tomorrow. My hair is getting really dry because I am washing it once or twice a day so tomorrow I am not going to wash it. I'm really nervous about this one. I have never, in my whole life, not washed my hair when I go in the shower and I know that I will have to have a shower in the morning so I don't know what it's going to be like. Not looking forward to it. :)

Gayle

Guest kangaroo

Hello everyone

ok here goes, my first posting....i'm a little nervous actually.

i've being seeing how you've all been getting on with your challenges. Anyway tomorrow i'm gonna try not to go back and check the tap at work :) and just check it once-Arrgghh!

Go for it Kangaroo. Let us know how it goes. I'll be thinking about you.

Maybe if you say it loudly, "I HAVE TURNED OFF THE TAP" it will make the feeling to check lessen. Hopefully no-one would be around. :)

Good Luck!!!!

Gayle

xoxox

Guest kangaroo

Thanks for your support :)

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow, i know this is a toughy.

feeling quietly confident at the mo tho.......

xxx

Guest patsy

I'm going to pack my case for going to London on Friday. It's a big challenge for me at the moment as I am feeling so down and don't feel like it at the moment :shutup:

Patsy x

Guest SallyB

Pats,

Good for you! I find some happy music really helps when I'm packing as it makes me dance around and gets me in the mood!

Hope you're more focussed than me - I tend to get distracted in the middle of packing as I can't decide what to take!

Let us know how you get on.

Sal x

Guest Creative Cat

Hi,

I went to my group last night. I did not change my clothes when I got home. I managed to "not check" on one big fear yesterday. (The only reason I didn't check was because I told you all that I wouldn't so that stopped me from checking).

Okay....hmmmm...I'll have to set up some more goals for today!

Okay....I'll try to not wash my hands at least two different times today when I feel contaminated.

Also, I will not "check on my thoughts" at least twice today.

Marie

Hi Marie,

That's brilliant, not changing and not checking. Don't under estimate how well you've done, it doesn't matter that it was because you'd told us, that's the whole point of this club, you set your challenge and you did it, that's brilliant in anyones book :lol2:

Here, have a Goldfish (going to have to buy some more soon :crybaby: )

7a8.jpg

Thanks guys.

I have felt a wierd sensation today. It's warming my heart. It's happiness. I feel great.

Hope everyone else is doing good with their challenges.

Good Luck Guys!!!!

Love

Gayle

xoxox

Guest kangaroo

Hello Everyone

Well done Gayle and sally :D

I'm just sat here eating cold pasta, as I couldn't eat it earlier as I had worked myself up into a tizz. I've got a job application form to fill out and although I really, really , really want the job my ocd makes form filling a kmare!!

Any way back to why i'm here, update you lovely people on my tap checking... well I checked once and didn't go back, Hurraaay! :thumbup: Very pleased.

Will try to keep to once tomorrow aswell.

Good luck for challenges tomorrow.

lots of love

Guest Heryn

LOL -- I can't find the other post, so here's my update:

I definitely failed checking yesterday. I don't know if I actually feel OCD-confident today -- I didn't yesterday, maybe that's why. Oh, and thinking I'm a loser, did that today a bit as well. Know it's not true :D Also, trying to let my mind just go completely blank and not think about anything, much less things which go around in circles and eventually lead me back to OCD is hard. Hard.

I have, however, been worrying slightly less about contamination.

Challenge: Try not to check. Keep up the momentum.

Other challenge: Try not to worry so much. I just edited this post to put in a couple of extra commas.

cheers

Heryn

Edited by Heryn

Well I've cheated today, I have fulfilled my challenge before setting on the board. I'm happy with myself so I am going to write about it as if I haven't done it.

Today's a toughy. I have put off joining OCD-UK since I found the site because I didn't want something with OCD all over the envelope popping through the letter box. I have wanted to for along time. So that is what I have challenged myself to do today.

Challenge: To join OCD-UK.

Hope I suceed. :lol2:

Love

Gayle

xoxox

Guest kangaroo

Congratulations Gayle!!! :blushing:

I'm really pleased with myself , i only checked the tap at work once-phew!! but I still had to go back and check something else so - not so good.

Anyway back to that pesky job application form, god i hope i get it finished soon!!

lots of love

Well Done Kangaroo!!!!

Don't put yourself down, you suceeded in your challenge, gave your OCD a good beating. :blushing:

Good luck with your application.

Love

Gayle

xoxox

Guest SallyB

I had another shower today. :blushing:

However, had a really bad day OCD thoughtswise :blushing:

I guess that's how it goes - ups and downs!

Sally