why are some days better than others

Guest lol

I find it intesting that ocd obsessions can vary from day to day. Although I have incresed my dose of sertaline, today I woke up felling high anxiety for no reason. Then later in the day I was bombarded with the usal obsessions what if ???etc. Is it a chemical thing perhaps??? I am sure everyone has experianced this .

lol :helpsmilie:

It does this sometimes, i wake up and have really heightened anxiety for no reason, bit if i look back over my life, and like many sufferers i always had the anxiety.

I think with the what ifs, it best to ignore them, recognise what they are doubts.

Sertraline has been a godsend for me, i also take amytriptyline at night for my migraines and life has become a lot

better.

Unfotuantly we do have bad days from time to time, and that is part of our illness.

Hi Lol,

I'm not entirely sure if it's a chemical thing, lots of people have different ideas as to what causes their OCD to increase or decrease.

I personally find that stress makes my OCD worse. If I'm in a stressful situation, then my OCD used to go through the roof in comparison to days when I was not in a stressful situation. I also find that hormones make a difference to my OCD. I am 95% over my OCD with the help of medication and CBT, but I recently went back on the combined pill. I had a few bad days where the OCD starting to rise again, but once I came off the combined pill my OCD settled back down

Kylie