ocd on tv on thursday- trisha goddard show

Guest duracellbunny

Guest HayleyMartin

hi

if anyone has any spare time on thursday morning, ocd is featured on the trisha goddard show, on channel 5 at 10.30 am (i think)

there is a chappie on called steve drake who has, in the past, got himself deliberately imprisoned for fear that he might attack elderly ladies. he felt safer in prison rather than face the possibilities of his ocd fear's .

it's good really, because at last other aspects of the lesser known side's of ocd are being aired.

so anyway, sorry i am waffeling. ye 10.30 thursday i think.

the other person on with ocd is me and my mum :weep: :weep: which will probably explain why my ocd has been kicking off so badly since january when we filmed it.

right i will go. thanks guys xxxxx

p.s i hope that this doesn't trigger anyone's ocd off- really sorry if it does xxx

Edited by HayleyMartin
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HayleyMartin

:blushing: thanks

not courage though hunny - you are the one with courage facing your ocd fears- tv is easy compaired to the stuff you have done :notworthy:

thanks though hunny xxxxx

Edited by HayleyMartin
Guest 574lk3r

i look forward to seeing that :)

there was a lady on there earlier this week with ocd,

she couldent live with her husband as she had contamination fears and he liked to hunt animals and hang them in the shed after,

not only that but he dident bath after either..

he wasent very understanding.

Guest legend

will be interesting for me as i got arrested for having pocd, i begged to be locked away for the fears i was having,luckily i had a bloody good pysch, and i am her to tell the story, and to share my expierinces with you all

and to offer advice; i think this chappie was in one of my wifes magazines, take a break or something similar,

so i am told!! because obviously i wouldnt admit to reading them!!!!

Thanks for this post, i am looking forward to watching it, and hopefully it will wake a few people up, as i am sure this guy suffers with pure o.

Are you sure Hayley? The TV guide show this listing:

Daytime discussion show. Toni left home at just 13 years old because she could not get on with her Mum, Diane. Now Toni is angry and feels like her Mum abandoned her and continually let her down. Plus rape victim Amy gives party animal Laura the most severe warning of her life? change your wild ways or you too could be sexually assaulted.

I certainly hope they treated you guys better than the previous OCD show they did and be interesting to see if they stick to their promise.

Guest HayleyMartin

hi ashley

i think i got the dates right :blushing: :a1_cheesygrin: , i kept re listening to my answer phone message to check, and when i phoned my mum, she had been given those dates too, maybe they have shuffled the schedual around at the last minute, or maybe we are on with those other people too as the show is 1 hour long and i know it's not all on ocd. maybe they did tell us wrong? :blushing:

will email and speak to them before the show anyway cause i will ask them for ocduk to be mentioned ! and also they want to do follow up programmes on us too. but i think the date is right?

have to say that they were lovely to us on the show and in the two months since we filmed it . my mum spent three hours in counselling straight after the show whilst she was in the studio, and she has recieved follow up treatment and is still recieving it. they also offered me treatment, and even fed my dad endless supplies of butties as he waited for hours and hours and hours for us :a1_cheesygrin:

of the 7 or 8 shows that i have done this is the best we have ever been treated and trisha (having suffered ocd herself plus various other things) was so lovely -she was just fantastic. i don't know if this bit will be edited out, but at one stage trisha whilst hosting the show in front of a really big studio audience , spent 10 maybe 15 minutes on her knees holding my mum's hand and was literally in tears with both her and myself. i guess it shows that there is that special bond of understanding that people share when they have ocd. they were fabulous as a tv company to me and my family - it's a shame that maybe they wern't so good on the other ocd show they did? what went wrong ashley ? do you know?

hi hunny,

i'll be watching and i'll get marc up and sit him in front of it too!!!!! :a1_cheesygrin:

We'll be cheering you on hunny!! :clapping:

Well done for that - i couldnt do it and i dont have ocd to contend with aswell!!!! :lol:

you are really very brave!!!! :clapping:

Melissa xxxx

Edited by Mel1971
Guest HayleyMartin
hi hunny,

i'll be watching and i'll get marc up and sit him in front of it too!!!!!

We'll be cheering you on hunny!!

Well done for that - i couldnt do it and i dont have ocd to contend with aswell!!!!

you are really very brave!!!!

Melissa xxxx

aww thanks hunny

that's really nice of you to say, but to be honest (although it is very much of a blurred memory to me), i don't think i managed to get a single word out. i don't have a recollection of saying anything -honestly !!!!

i think it was the absolute shock and horror of seeing my mum crying and it was just to much for me :weep: so i really don't think i said anything remotely useful, valuable or constructive what so ever :wallbash:

i do remember swearing though :blushing: can you believe it!!!!!! i think it's the first thing i said when i walked on stage - i was just trying to make my mum laugh cause she was crying -so i said a little swear word in the hope to make her smile.

nice one hayley !!!! NOT :wontlisten: mmmm there goes my tv career :headslap:

Guest HayleyMartin
hi hunny,

sorry- dont know what happened here-think i put my post twice by accident and then couldnt delete it- sorry

Edited by HayleyMartin

ooh dear, so schmoozing off to hollywood and taking it by storm and winning an oscar...thats all out of the window now is it!!!!! :a1_cheesygrin:

it is a bit of a shock when we see our mums cry, i think thats why if i watch a soppy film and i always cry (dead soppy - me!!) i dont mind letting lorna see - she knows its only the film thats doing it.

so what i'm trying to say is when i actually cry because i'm upset (like recently) then its not quite so upsetting for her!! well it seems to work!!

I'm sure you did a fab job as usual, and cant wait to see it!!!

take care mate,

Melissaxx

Guest HayleyMartin
ooh dear, so schmoozing off to hollywood and taking it by storm and winning an oscar...thats all out of the window now is it!!!!!

it is a bit of a shock when we see our mums cry, i think thats why if i watch a soppy film and i always cry (dead soppy - me!!) i dont mind letting lorna see - she knows its only the film thats doing it.

so what i'm trying to say is when i actually cry because i'm upset (like recently) then its not quite so upsetting for her!! well it seems to work!!

I'm sure you did a fab job as usual, and cant wait to see it!!!

take care mate,

Melissaxx

mmm why do i need to go to hollywood anyway :whistling: when hollywood has come to me

coming george darling (clooney that is) :whistling: :haha:

i'm kidding mel my dear hunny- i wouldnt take him off you babe !!! :hug:

i've just thrown him out ! :lol:

Edited by HayleyMartin

i'm welcoming him back with open arms!!!! :a1_cheesygrin:

seriously though, i think your ultra brave!!!! :clapping:

what does your hubby think of your stellar tv career???

Edited by Mel1971
Guest charlie75

Sometimes they do write a different listing on these chat shows and then show a completely different one.

Well done Hayley (and well done to your mum) I will def watch it. (I'll miss Jeremy Kyle for you LOL)

Its really good that you do these programmes, you're really brave.

Charlotte xx

Guest HayleyMartin

aww thanks hunny although i wouldnt miss jeremy kyle for me- he's a bit of a cutie :whistling:

mel hunny , my hubby erm isn't really impressed by the tv stuff, he doesnt understand why its so important to raise awareness of ocd- you'd think he would by now wouldn't you.

though to his credit he did do one tv show with me 3 years ago which he does deserve to be applauded for cause he found it the most difficult thing he had ever done in his life. it was pre recorded and in our own living room, but he hated it , and swore he would never do it again.

but he does deserve a medal for putting up with me :clapping: :a1_cheesygrin:

and i also deserve one for.......... :whistling:.......

Edited by HayleyMartin

Hello Hayley, I'd like to say well done to you!

I'll have to tape the show (if the video doesn't mess up! - just knowing my luck it will !) as i've got my first GP appointment then.

Looking forward to watching it though! It's good that there seems to be more of an effort for OCD to be aired, even if it is done by the people with OCD themselves, I say well done to you for doing it, every little has to help, it must have taken some guts! - Although I suspect you're used to it, with that hollywood career :whistling: .

just checked up on trishatv.com and it sais under thursdays show..

"Brave Amy gives her party animal pal a fierce warning - don't end up a victim of rape like I did!

Also on the programme... Toni confronts the mother who she feels abandoned her at the age of 13. Meet Stephen, who went to prison for burglary in a bid to stop him attacking elderly women. And finally we see how a mother struggles to cope with her daughter's OCD that is so severe she cannot leave the house. " - so it is on.

I hope things came across how you wanted them, i'm sure they will have put a bleep in for you! lol. :p

I can't get past your bravery. well done.

p.s. you can both have jeremy kyle and george. :yucky:

best wishes

hsu

Guest Stella

HI Hayley

I'm glad to know it's finally on - I've been waiting to hear for ages! :clapping:

Well done for your courage - you are so brave!!! :clapping: :clap: :clapping:

Take care

Stellax :original:

Hayley

I would go on TV myself but they say the camera adds ten pounds to you so I would dread to think what I would look like :lol:

Seriously though, you show tremendous courage to go on national TV (I wouldn't have the guts to do it myself) and the time I did see you on TV you did a great job. :clapping: Keep it up - you're a great ambassador for people with OCD.

Spider30

Guest HayleyMartin

thankyou ever so much guys for your support-i really don't deserve you lovely comments- honestly

it's so lovely all the support and stuff you have given me :thankyousign: but i really did mess it up this time- i know i did-it's all flooding back to me now- bit too much for me , with my mum being there :weep:

i just remembered though- i just remembered diana from here was on the show too ,in the audience, and she was brilliant- she said some really good stuff , (i hope she doesn't mind me saying) she was ace!!! so praise to diana and steve drake and to my mum too, :notworthy:

spider you know about the camera adding ten pounds to you, well they had a special camera when they filmed me, and it added 4 stone so i am a size 6 :whistling: and anyone that tells you different is a great big liar-i say a great big liar!!!!!!

dear hsu i will leave jeremey kyle and mel can have george , but can i have that little blond skater off dancing on ice- that little cute blond one that just got knocked out- the one that danced with the girl of emmerdale- can i have him :inlove: man he can flip me round his head on a pair of ice skates anytime- not that he could lift me !!!!

Edited by HayleyMartin

Hi Hayley,

I am sure you will come across as nothing more than brilliant on the tele tomorrow. I will be watching with great admiration. I have seen a few of the programmes you have done, and you are truly amazing for bringing OCD into the media. I remember the programme you made with your husband, and it was that one that finally confirmed to me that I was also suffering with OCD.

As for George and Kyle, not my cup of tea.......give me Jon Bon Jovi anyday!! :kiss2:

Love

Kylie

x x x

Guest HayleyMartin

guys thankyou so much for your support- thankyou so much- i did honestly mess up big style honestly!

but thanks anyway for your brilliant support :group:

i won't watch tomorrow-i can't watch my mum cry it kills me :weep:

anyway, on a much lighter note 'yes i could smack jeremy's face sam' - your post was so funny- thanks for that -it really made me laugh! we should have a new thread - who's face would u most like to slap and with what :fish:

thanks guys xxxxxxxx :thankyousign:

Edited by HayleyMartin