neroligustic programming(NLP) should I use in OCD???

Guest lol

I have recently attended a course in NLP called the Lightining process, I have OCD but I also suffer from M.E. I went primarily for M.E, and I seem to have benifited alot and have had good energy levels all week. However I am not sure if I should use the process for my OCD, as although MY NLP uses a stop thought to say to myself if I am starting to feel fatigued and tired, My CBT threrapy has tought me that thoughts have to be allowed to flow through the mind without trying to stop them. I'm a little stuck what to do has anyone got any suggestions or helpful advice?

lol :helpsmilie:

Guest bellissima

Sounds interestin i would love to know where i could learn more about NLP could you direct me.

I dont know if it could work for OCD but try it you never know tell you therapist about it see what they think.

If you are finding it helps i would keep with it.

Glad you feel a bit better.

And anything you could tell me about where to go for NLP or to find out anything would be appreciated.

I hope the improvement continues.

Not sure if the article as been written yet, I had given them end of April deadline for the newsletter so if anyone does have a question, shoot it over to me and I will send it to the person arranging this.

Guest monkee

Hi lol

I think the main aim of NLP is to reword the phrases you use in a more positive way so that you see them as positive. Almost like how affirmations work. Therefore I think it can be used for OCD but just to put your mind at rest you should discuss it with your CBT therapist who can perhaps help you with some practical tips on using NLP.

Monkee