i need help

hi

I am having a terrible time seeing that my fears are irrational I keep thinking im am hurting my family members when i'm asleep, when i get up i have to think of hurting then untill i am reaused enough to get on with the day.

i need help.

Edited by Guest

Hi Ozy and :welcome: to the Forum

The first thing to understand is that although your fears are frightening, they are just thoughts and you will not hurt your family.

Have you had your OCD diagnosed? If not it would be a good idea to see your GP and get some support, he will be able to discuss the possibility of medication with you and make a referal for you to get some pyschological support, CBT.

If you have a look around the boards you will find that we have many users who have the same fears as yourself, if you type words like harm/sleep etc into the search facilty it should bring up many other threads that you can relate to.

We also have a downloadable booklet that is very helpful and can be downloaded HERE

OCD can be very frightening but learning and understanding about it really is a very big help. It's often useful to have one of the many self-help books that are available, 'Brainlock' by Dr.Jeffery Schwartz is a popular one with many of our users, you can check them out via the links at the top of the page.

Many people here will relate to what you're going through and will be happy to share their experiences and advice.

Caramoole :)

Guest pinkfrog24

i am exactly the same and ive dealt with it for years. Its **** i know. For years now i have barricaded my door with chairs, coat hangers and if i don't i won't trust myself to sleep. It's exhausting but through therapy and positive small steps u can get to a place where u get used to it (well in a way)

anywho wish u all the best in the world

xxx pinkfrog xxx

Guest Storm

Exactly the same, but for some reason only when I'm on my own. When I'm with my boyfriend I don't barricade the door and it doesn't bother me. Although I can't sleep in a room where sharp implements are easily accessible :headslap:

Pinkfrog's right, positive small steps can help to overcome this :original:

x

Hi, thanks for your replys,

i am going to up my tablets soon this should help, i think I have hurt one of my family in the the night the next day when i think about it i don't know if it is a fear or a real memory

the only reasurance that it is just a thought and not somthing real, is that it's just one image not a memory of doing anythink just a image of a hand or somthing ..

if this was a real memery i would remember the whole thing and not just one image .. this is how i reasure myself but it doesn't work that much because i still have to go around the next day looking at my family thinking i have hurt them it is horrible my stomach is in nots i feel i want to curl up and die and have to put a brave face on and it is so hard.

I hope i will be able to see the truth soon and hope the truth is that i haven't harmed anyone.

thanx for taking the time to read and reply.