Anyone got any quick fix remedies to help me sleep? My body clock is a bit out at the moment, plus with all the coke I drink I rarely sleep, maybe 5 or 6 hours. However tomorrow I can't be awake all night and sleep the morning because I have a 9am train to London.

So anyone got any tips to put me asleep tonight (Short of whacking myself on the head :blushing:)

Guest Automated Alice

Relaxation exercises are good for dropping off, (Our teacher on a school holiday taught us this :blushing: )

Start with feet, then calves, then tops of legs, then work your way up, etc.........

tense every part for 5 seconds, then relax

Or perhaps a relaxation tape, something soothing :)

I remember you mentioned that you had some gentle music tapes?

Maybe those will help?

(When your as old as me you will be drinking cocoa - that always works !! :lol: )

I can only really recommend the worse types of remedy. A few beers, some drowsy cough medicine or even sleeping pills from your GP.

All of the above have worked for me in the past. More recently though I don't have any caffeine after 7 o'clock and make sure I go to bed at roughly the same time every night. Then I force myself to think happy thoughts till my mind wanders off and I drop off to sleep. Some nights it works others it is more of a struggle to focus on 'nicer' thoughts. If all else fails and I don't sleep I get up have a cigarette, walk round the house for 5 mins then go back to bed and do it all again.

Good luck Ashie..