Sugar and Panic attacks

Guest anonymous1

Guest anonymous1

Okie at the mo I'm in the arms of a mild panic attack, I had to give up eating my dinner though T^T I have the shakes and feel a little out of it and my heart is beating five miles an hour, but my question is how come i always seem to get Panic attacks when i eat and How can sugar course a panic attack, becouse i had eaten something very sugary before dinner and have noticed that anything high in sugar either gives me a panic attack or makes me hypo

I think This is because sugar causes a stimulation to the boys sytem. I have notices exactly this myself and diet for ocd is very important. Try cutting out alot of refined sugar from youy diet as it can cause a sugar rush. This week I have been a bit naughty and eaten rathar alot of sugar and have found today I am experiencing similar symptomns to you.

regards lol

Hi...I think lol intended to say 'body's' system not 'boy's'!

It is true that refined sugar (eg sweets and puddings) can give you a sugar surge were your blood sugar suddenly goes high and this is followed by a low were your levels drop in effect giving you the feeling of going 'hypo'. For this reason it is advisable to consume carbohydrates in their more complex form such as through wholemeal pasta, rice, bread, grains, porridge oats and baked potatoes to name just a few. Taking your carbohydrates in this form will prevent the highs and lows and enable your blood sugar levels to remain stable over a period of hours.

Hope this helps :original:

Catherine