trich

Guest chillin

hi everyone!

i was just wondering if you all understood trichotillomania.

its this horrid urge to pull out you hair or anyones hair some people eat it, some people just play with it. i single one out pull,look at the white bit on the end sometimes i chew it dont ask me why because i really dont know,i always make sure that i dont swallow my hair incase of hair balls they can be so dangerous. i pull any time of the day and anywhere where some people do it behind closed doors where noone can see.

if any of you have this and r ashamed please dont be theres nothing to be ashamed of we just all need to try to be pf (pull free)

im trying so hard but havnt got past 7 hours yet lol but im gonna keep trying.

take care all and hope to see some messages on here soon,

all my love chillxxxxx :dry:

im trying so hard but havnt got past 7 hours yet lol but im gonna keep trying.

I hope you manage to make it longer and longer that you're pf soon chillin :dry:. In the meantime though, 7 hours is very good and positive. I don't have trich but do self-harm and I suppose in some ways they're similar to each other. I know that even if I can't resist SH for ever then some hours is better than none, so keep going with it and I'm sure you'll succeed :) especially with the support of people on here.

Guest chillin

Hi, thanks for your reply, how long have you done sh for? is there any particular reson why you do it?i was born in manchester and my dads side of the family live there lingsight and levenshulme,

the only way i can manage 7 hours is if im asleep lol or at work (untill i have a break) its so frustrating when i dont want to do it i do it without realising it gets me down sometimes about once a week it gets me in :) but the other days it doesnt seem to bother me! :wallbash: nice to meet you take care.

chillinxxxxx :blushing:

Hi chillin,

I have SH-ed on-and-off since about January 2003 when I was 16. I say 'on-and-off' because I have been through 2 or 3 phases when I was SH-free for a few months. I am now 18 and still use it sometimes. When I first started SH-ing it was like a release, like letting the pressure out of me. Before I first SH-ed I wondered how anyone could possibly SH because 1) I thought it would hurt too much, especially to be able to inflict it on yourself and 2) I didn't understand how it could possibly help. As time has gone on, my reasons have perhaps changed in some ways but I do still use it as a release sometimes. I have found that it doesn’t work as well for me now as it used to though. I sometimes use it now as an outward sign of things not being right inside, like a cry for help.

Guest chillin

hi, iv never met anyone who does sh and its eye opening did you watch dirty filthy love because iv never seen some many ocd's either. i hope that you can find that you have not sh for a year and then two till you realise that you dont need to do it anymore same as i feel for myself. When i try to explain how i feel, i feel like im boiling up inside like a kettle that it hurts. i think that because im not getting any help im more frustrated.i had a right nightmare at the doctors when i didnt know what i had, to one doctor, i mentioned that my mam had seen something on tv about it but couldnt remember what it was called he laughed and told me to wait for the repeats cause everythings repeated these days, i couldnt believe it.

about two weeks later i found out what it was a had so i printed all the info and took it back to the doctors a different one, he sounded promising and said he was gonna research and phone me back the same day that was 13 july week later i phoned them asking about that doctor and he was on leave, few days later i got a letter to go and see a counseller, which i did, twice but i felt he was trying to blame it on my brother, me being jelous which i know its not. so now i have no help at all again (bummer)lol, im gonna try to see if its my diet,or see if i can get training on how to retrain my brain i heard that helps.does anyone know about what you do? and what help do you have?

nice to talk(in a way) hope to here from you take care and no sh

chillinxxxxxxxxxx :wallbash:

Hi chillin,

I have SH-ed on-and-off since about January 2003 when I was 16. I say 'on-and-off' because I have been through 2 or 3 phases when I was SH-free for a few months. I am now 18 and still use it sometimes. When I first started SH-ing it was like a release, like letting the pressure out of me. Before I first SH-ed I wondered how anyone could possibly SH because 1) I thought it would hurt too much, especially to be able to inflict it on yourself and 2) I didn't understand how it could possibly help. As time has gone on, my reasons have perhaps changed in some ways but I do still use it as a release sometimes. I have found that it doesn’t work as well for me now as it used to though. I sometimes use it now as an outward sign of things not being right inside, like a cry for help.

16220[/snapback]

When i try to explain how i feel, i feel like im boiling up inside like a kettle that it hurts.

Yea, you've described really well how it used to feel for me there, like pressure building up inside me and the SH took that pressure away (only temporarily though).

And I did watch 'Dirty Filthy Love' - I thought it was really good and also really good that OCD is being given time/coverage on mainstream TV at peak time.

Take care,

Northern Star

P.S. What ittyk has said about CBT is very good advice :wallbash:

Guest chillin

Hi northern star and ittyk thanks for your replysi think ill go to the doctors and see if they will referr me i hope that they do cause then ill feel like im getting somewhere ill keep u posted : :wallbash:

When i try to explain how i feel, i feel like im boiling up inside like a kettle that it hurts.

Yea, you've described really well how it used to feel for me there, like pressure building up inside me and the SH took that pressure away (only temporarily though).

And I did watch 'Dirty Filthy Love' - I thought it was really good and also really good that OCD is being given time/coverage on mainstream TV at peak time.

Take care,

Northern Star

P.S. What ittyk has said about CBT is very good advice :blushing:

16293[/snapback]