a very lonely place

Guest ormerod

Guest ormerod

despite having this condition for years,It still surprises me how lonely it makes me feel.I am angry alot of the time,wondering why me?

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.................help me please

Daniel

despite having this condition for years,It still surprises me how lonely it makes me feel.I am angry alot of the time,wondering why me?

16022[/snapback]

Hi Daniel,

OCD is a very lonely condition and in addition to providing 'regular' charity services we want to also provide social events, so even just for one day or night you can leave your OCD daily routine and relax with others who wont judge you, we have a meal in Manchester planned for Nov and I am going to arrange a Christmas get together also.

Back to you, anger can be both negative and positive depending how you deploy it, by the sounds of what you typed you are upset and angry that you have OCD and question why does it do it to you. By that type of questioning your OCD is winning and to be honest, they question about why you have it wont really help you.

What you should try and do is use your anger against the OCD in a positive manner and tell the OCD that you wont let it upset you and turn that anger towards fighting the OCD.

Managed correctly your anger can be a powerful tool against the OCD.

Guest Hypnosinc

Hi Daniel,

One of the main reasons for this sense of isolation, is the stigma that attaches the condition - a personal feeling that, not only ought it to be under your control, but also that everyone who is aware of what you are going through has already summed you up as a weirdo, who should pull himself together. Undoubtedly there are some people out there who are ignorant enough to think like that, but they are actually in the minority. Most people just don't understand enough about OCD to classify you as anything. Also most are too wrapped up in thier own universes to pay much attention to what you are going through, or notice that you are doing anything that could be remotely described as odd.

Accepting that you didn't choose to be this way, that there is actually very little that marks you out as different from the vast majority of other people, and that you are not in fact that big a subject of curiosity, can help you to break down the artificial barrier that you see between yourself and other people. You can't always rely on people to reach out to you. But accepting the truth about yourself, can make it easier for you to reach out to others.

despite having this condition for years,It still surprises me how lonely it makes me feel.

Daniel

16022[/snapback]

Hi Daniel,

I used to be like you and feel very isolated. Even though my family and friends knew I had OCD, I knew none of them really understood how I felt.

After quite a lot of looking in the wrong places, I found a Support Group where I felt people really undrstood what I was going through and I found that a real support.

Coming across this forum has helped even more. I still find it amazing that other people have exactly the same beliefs and feelings as myself and find this a real comfort. I really believe the support works both ways.

Any time you want to talk or unload your problems or even just chat, there are always people here to listen and support, so do use this board.

Take care

whitebeam

Hi Daniel :)

I'm glad to see you back again, you've obviously been going through one of those awful, awful, seemingly hopeless episodes...it gets like that sometimes :dry:

...just keep talking, I doubt any of us haven't been where you've been this week.

Keep chatting....there is some serious support here......if I can help, just talk.....PM if needs be....but if you post on the boards you'll find lot's of people with exactly the same flavour of OCD as you, it's not as uncommon as we feel it is.

Keep chatting Daniel, you can handle this....be brave :D

I think we are all pioneer's.......awareness of this devastating condition is only beginning to surface.

A quote I try to remember is :-

The thing that I feared yesterday DIDN't happen......it is nearly always true....OCD is about fear NEVER fact

Guest ocd_sarah

You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone. But I know exactely how you feel. Is there an ocd support group near you? There is one in my town now. Have a look. I've found it great to meet with others. It helped me to feel a little less isolated.

Big :wallbash: