Dreaming of OCD...

Guest Baggins

Guest Baggins

Hi,

Last night I had, as most nights, a very vivid dream. In the dream, not for the first time, my current 'fear' (linked to contamination) came up.

It was really bizarre - in my dream I had to teach a unit of work based around my fear!! (I am a primary school teacher) It was crazy. Someone in the dream was saying 'Well, I don't know why we have to teach this!'. I was standing there thinking to myself - 'I can't possibly teach this because of the OCD!'

Does anyone else have dreams in which their OCD appears?

Baggins

-x-

Hiya Baggins

Yep, me too...Usually my dreams will revolve around a particular situation to do with my OCD - maybe something that's happened to me or about to happen to me etc.

Very often I'll find myself thinking in the dream 'I can't do this, I just can't do this' :blushing: and feeling this panic in my sleep - can't really describe it any other way.... :lol:

So you're definitely not alone with this one....

luv n lollies Queens

xx

I have had OCD dreams sometimes, dreaming about cleaning! Although I did once have a dream about OCD in which I did the opposite of what I am afraid of doing :blushing:.

On a slightly related note, when I was younger (13/14) and not eating much (probably anorexic) I had a dream that I was running down the street being chased by a giant Mars bar. Not funny at the time, but looking back it is in a weird sort of way!

P.S. Ashie, you WERE in one of my dreams last night (how freaky is that?)

Guest Dragonfruit
Does anyone else have dreams in which their OCD appears?

Baggins

-x-

16507[/snapback]

Yep - all the time unfortunately. You're def not alone. Sorry - no constructive advice on this one at all.

Guest Baggins

Hi,

Spoke to my therapist about the dream.

She thinks the dream was about my brain 'processing' my thoughts. Kind of sorting things through etc.

That said, it doesn't actually seem to have helped the situation...yet!

Baggins

The last couple of nights I have had a couple of OCD dreams too. I kinda have 2 'flavours' of OCD and on Fri night one of them was in my dream and last night the other one :whistling: . Although it is always such a relief to wake up and realise they're not real!

Occasionally have dreams where I am acting on one of my OCD fears. Always spend the next day feeling really crappy. Have come to learn that they are just dreams however, I am only having them 'cos I fear that type of thing so much and that I don't need to worry about them.

Guest twoshoes

Had a dream last night that we sat down to meal and the chicken wasn't cooked, but we didn't realise until mr twoshoes had started eating it. Today has been a bad food day and I don't even eat chicken.

OCD gets into everything, why can't I dream of chocolate.

i have OCD dreams too, i dream of contaminated situations that i would hate to be in, and then i wake up big time relieved that i don't have to deal with it.

very odd, but i suppose the "sorting through the thoughts" explanation makes sense. doesn't help much though!