Its been a while but i need some help x

Guest Sammyhostie

Guest Sammyhostie

Hi everyone

I used to post a lot on here, but i havent been on here for about a year. My baby son Thomas died, and nothing seemed important anymore really.

recently though, my OCD has come back. and i had a bad moment today.

A police car came to work, and i convinced myself (or rather my mind did) that they were coming to tell me that somehting bad had happened to my partner, Wayne. i called him twice to make sure he was ok, and he didnt answer, so I thought that it was true. The police werent there for that, but it was so real and it has scared me, becasue my OCD is now at a place which I thought I had left behind a few years ago.

x

Edited by Guest

Hi sammie it seems as if the unfair death as made you very aware of something bad happening

again which is normal for any person who has grieved, but because your anxiety has risen, mainly

because you could not get hold of wayne this has probably triggered the ocd off and unfortunatly

ocd will raise its ugly head and there seems to be no rhyme or reason,

maybe you could try the teqniques you learnt before and try to get the better of it again.

keep us all updated and remember we are all here for you,

legend

Hi there, its good to hear from you again :original:

I think a lot of sufferers find that their OCD waxes and wanes and it sounds like you are going through one of those spells when its all started closing in on you again :dry:

I do think its good that you can see todays situation for what it was and you can now rationalise it, so please hang onto that won't you.

I'm not sure where you were up to with treatment when you were last on the board but wondered if you have considered asking for CBT so as to try and nip this problem in the bud. I know in my Trust even if you have been discharged they will consider you returning for booster sessions.

A lot has been happening in your life over the past 18 months and at the very least your hormones will have been affected so there are all sorts of reasons why your OCD might be returning.

Try to put the events of today behind you. You have recognised it as a problem, rationalised it and dealt with it, so try to take some comfort from this.

Although I'm sorry your OCD has re emerged its nice to welcome you back onto the boards again

Catherine :original: