just need to vent!

Guest sylvia

Hi I have a few things on my mind, imagine that!!! Well first of all my mother in law gets to me so bad!!!!!! She is so rude sometimes and I need to just let it go and dismiss her. My family and I went to a football game last night and she was there and she has done this before, I say hi to her first and she acts like she doesn't see me. Well I am sick of kissing her but, how do I deal with this there have been alot of problems in the past and I don't think it helps. Also my husband is driving me nuts and I don't know if I don't know if I am overeacting or not but he is so loud and obnoxious all the time!!! He says rude crude things in front of the children and it's getting on my nerves for a long time. Now of course I am dwelling on all of this and questioning if I am overeacting or what. I just wish I didn't let things bother me so much. He cusses alot and acts very childish I feel like I have 3 kids instead of two!!! He says I am a weirdo blah, blah, for getting agrevated with him. Thanks for listening!!

Hi sylvia

Mmmm, it sounds as though you have quite a lot to put up with :wallbash: . Personally I agree with you over the crude and offensive things your husband seems to be saying. It is inappropriate to talk like this in front of the children and you for that matter. Aside from any ocd issues which are around for you, this is not responsible or considerate behaviour. As for your mother in law :sleep: !! She sounds utterly horrible and I don't blame you for wanting to have a vent. I felt cross just reading it so heaven knows how you must feel.

I don't know what to say really other than suggest you respond with dignity. I'd continue to be civil to the ma in law and also calmly outline to your husband your objections to his use of language. Really try to stay calm and be assertive by clearly stating your point and not getting into heated debate over it.

In my experience men can be just like children (even my dad gets like that and he's 80 :whistling: ). He dosn't like it when everything dosn't go just his own way and it drives me mad. Plus being my dad, it's hard to argue with him as he can always pull out the 'don't speak to me like that, I'm your father' quote.

I hope no guys read this post as I'll be innundated with complaints from the men :blushing: . So I'll finish by saying I'm quite sure that any man enlightened enough to subscribe to this site must be the exception to the rule and I'm sure you are all understanding and sensitive :mad2:

Catherine :lol:

Catherine, hi sweety thanks so much for replying! You are so right I am going mad with her and actually him to. I do try and be civil but sometimes it's so hard. And like I said I do tend to dwell on this stuff but I am doing better and working on not letting it upset me so much. I hope you are doing well yourself and I wish you a great day!!!! Good luck to you!

Hi Sylvia,

I can understand fully where you are coming from with the old mother-in-law treatment.

I am no longer married but on my wedding day she didnt even talk to me, she blanked me until i had the ring on my finger then it was come and sit next to us seeing as you're family now. She really riled me something rotten, i had to live with her for seven months it was the longest in my life, felt like a prison sentence i was so nice to her helped her by starting the tea off as i was pregnant and not working and i'd do the washing and housework and she expected a cup of tea waiting for her when she came in the door man would i pay if i didnt have it for her.

Bonus now tho is she's the kids gran and i only see her on their birthdays and before christmas with the presents so i've definitely scored this time. I am by no means suggesting splitting from your husband but i can understand if he's so crude too i definitely believe when we women have lads which i have three the husband/partner becomes the added extra kid. I am engaged now to someone else who's mum is better than my exe's i can be myself with her yes i get annoyed at her sometimes but that's families for you.

Hope this has helped.

Love

Tracy

x

Guest harmony

Hi Sylvia

She is so rude sometimes and I need to just let it go and dismiss her. My family and I went to a football game last night and she was there and she has done this before, I say hi to her first and she acts like she doesn't see me. Well I am sick of kissing her but, how do I deal with this there have been alot of problems in the past and I don't think it helps

Let her get on with it, you are bigger than she is if she wants to be that way then that’s her loss it not?

He says rude crude things in front of the children
He cusses alot and acts very childish I feel like I have 3 kids instead of two!

Hands up sounds like me, I do swear in front of my kid but not rude or crude, I think it’s a male thing, the way I see it, is has long has the kids don’t’ repeat it , god “do has I say, not has I do” I see your point males have a very small brain :wallbash: