Do you forget what you was about to say?

Guest StephenS

I think it is something to do with age, as others have suggested, and that it's also quite normal human stuff, particularly in a world where we're all expected to be hyped up and multi-tasking etc etc. But also I think it can be something to do with OCD. It's well documented that obsessions/compulsions can be so time consuming that they interfere with normal stuff, which includes thinking about and remembering things that are actually very important.

On the other hand, I have always had a prodigious memory, and can recall all sorts of detail about past events and bring to mind apparently useless information. Wish I could wipe it out a lot of the time. Good at pub quizzes, pompous and irritating at parties, that sort of thing. My psychologist tells me it's usual for obsessive people.

Stephen

• 14 years later...

Anxiety makes the memory poor especially when all your energy is used trying to beat ocd. On a day when i am ontop of ocd my mind is peaceful and clear when i sm having a bad episode of ocd my mind like mush cant focus or remeber words x