24 hours a day and Omega 3

Guest Gettingbetter

Guest Gettingbetter

Hi Everyone

To all the those people with Pure O do you feel that the thoughts are urges are with you 24 hours a day, (well maybe when your not asleep). I go about my day and have these thoughts and urges constantly in my head and at times I feel the panic rising in me and then it calms down. Maybe for minutes now and again the thoughts subside and go into the background and then suddenly out of the blue they can come back and me feel all panicky.

The thoughts I have at the moment are about my boyfriends little girl that I want to abuse her and then if I did that I would kill myself. The thought goes on and on and on and on. It feels like I am going about my everyday normal life and I have this snake following me constantly around.

I did start taking Omega 3 capsules (solgar version) and for a few days the thoughts completely subsided and I felt on top of the world and then bang back again. I take 1 capsule three times a day - maybe I should be taking a higher dose. Does anyone else take Omega 3 and what dosage do ye take?

Thank you.

Gettingbetter

Guest MajesticShannon

hi getting better.

I personal suffer from similar problems. Personally, I have never found omega 3 useful. However everyone is different obviously. The only tablets that have worked for me have been prozac 20mg/day, which have made dealing with OCD a LOT easier. Dr Schwartz talks about 'water wings', which will only work with the correct techniques - this is a key point for me. The techniques are what are important with OCD - meds are there just to help this process along.

Guest Gettingbetter

Hello MajesticShannon

I live in Ireland and I am based in Co Clare and finding it hard to find a good CBT therapist. At the moment I fly to London for treatment.

I am also on 20mg or prozac a day and have been for years but I feel good CBT would really help me here in Ireland.

Gettingbetter

Guest frazzle
To all the those people with Pure O do you feel that the thoughts are urges are with you 24 hours a day, (well maybe when your not asleep). I go about my day and have these thoughts and urges constantly in my head and at times I feel the panic rising in me and then it calms down. Maybe for minutes now and again the thoughts subside and go into the background and then suddenly out of the blue they can come back and me feel all panicky.

I can relate to this, I have stopped checking apart from odd occasions but the thoughts are pretty much constantly there, I'm not sure how to best deal with this, I have been waiting for CBT for 9 months (I'm in England) I did take omega 3 I not sure if they helped I don't think I took a high enough dose. I'm on Clomiprimine which I thinks helped me stop checking but I'm left with the thoughts. Occasionally I can distract myself with something but as soon as I realize I'm not thinking about the thoughts I think about them! Hope you can find a good therapist.

best wishes Frazzle