Understanding OCD

• 10 months later...
Guest hisbride50

Hi there, I am new in here and perhaps do not understand how to navigate this whole site. I cannot access the chat room, for starters, but, primarily, just wanted to say that I could not get your link for this presentation to open up after having clicked on it several times. Did not even get a warning message from my browser, which is highly irregular. Anybody have any ideas what is going on here? Would really like to see this presentation, if possible. Thanks!

Guest hisbride50

Whoops, wouldn't you know it, just as I posted the above reply, the presentation popped up rather suddenly. Very helpful, I might add. I never saw OCD in quite this light before. Thank you so much for such an enlightening presentation! I need to check on whether my husband can be referred for CBT as it is available in our province free of charge.

Im glad it worked eventually for you! When I saw the presentation I realised how enlightening it was and thought it was good to keep it to the top, so hopefully others will stumble across it.

Hope you get help for your husband.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest troubled_soul

One of the OCD-UK volunteer team (ScottOCDid) whilst trying to explain OCD to a GP friend decided to put this PowerPoint presentation together, which for those of you new to OCD, may begin to explain the illness.

You will need PowerPoint installed on your PC, click each slide to advance to the next.

<a href="http://www.ocduk.org/pdf/understand.pps" target="_blank">View the presentation</a>

Hi Ashley

Thank you for that, I found it very informative.

• 3 months later...
Guest george68

Excellent !!!! im a new ocd sufferer (well one who has gone on for years with the shutters down) and as a sufferer you diagrams and analagies fit with what i have been feeling.

well done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest percetta

Hi, I'm new to this forum, my daughter has been suffering since last August and we have found it very hard to understand what she is going through, we are slowly having some understanding and I have found this very helpful, thanks very much.

• 1 year later...

Thanks, I'm new and learning as much and as fast as I can. No success with opening the document then found the first post and read on to find it was it was available in pdf format.

Excellent, concise and clear information, most helpful.

• 1 year later...
Guest tracyp625

Hi, please can you re post the link since it's telling me it's no longer availalbe? I have a 10 year old daughter with OCD and would love to look at this given the positive feedback it's received. Thanks.

• 2 years later...
Guest Amy111

This is fantastic!! Showing this to my family who have no understanding of my partners stuggles was enlightening and heartbreaking at the same time. Now they are learning not to tip toe around him all the time, just being aware makes all the difference without treating him differently.

• Ashley unpinned this topic