Ibuprofen & prozac

Guest 7en

Hello all! Long time no see!

Was just wondering if anyone can help me with a query?

I was taken into hospital with a burst appendix a month ago and when I came home again I was in too much pain to NOT take Ibuprofen so I had to stop my prozac inorder to do so (which the doctor said was ok). However, one month on I can feel the effects of the change, my physical pain has reduced enough to stop ibu & I wanna go back on prozac but was just wondering how long I should wait? My last ibu dose was yestersay morning and my ocd has been abit shakey lately as I was on 60mg of prozac before and went str8 down to zero...so how soon can I neck 'em back??

Neil x

Hi Neil,

Were you advised to stop taking your meds with ibuprofen? I didn't realise the two weren't compatible. It might be worth asking your GP - and check whether you can just go back on that dose - or slowly build up to it again.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your op and stay in hospital :doctor: , but glad to hear that your feeling a bit better now.

Take care :original:

whitebeam

thanks white!

Can't remember where I heard it but apparently they can clash in your stomach, although there is nothing in the prozac leaftlet thingy in the box about it, which is abit puzzling. I rang the pharmacist today to ask and they sounded abit baffled too lol...still better safe than sorry!

I take another SSRI (Escitalopram) and have just been prescribed anti inflammatories by my GP. Like Penny I didn't think there was any contra indication. Yes anti inflammatories can upset your stomach but to the best of my knowledge they are not incompatible with SSRI's :dry:

Catherine :original: