Is it really worth it??

Hi all,

Me again, moaning as usual :( I don't know what is the point anymore. I try really hard to be a good mum, a good wife, a good daughter etc, a good person all over, so why does things keep going wrong????

The kids have been playing up recently (I guess as kids do, being 12, 10 and nearly 6) and there is lots of stress in the family, so last night my husband decides to say he has had enough, doesn't think he can cope with everything anymore and was saying he may as well leave. He says the kids don't respect him (or me), I am so wrapped up in OCD that I don't seem to deal with other things.... It is true that the kids are spoilt and they don't show us respect at times. I feel like I am trying to buy them to make up for what I feel OCD has done to us as a family.

I love him dearly but he thinks I dont care because we dont have any time together and our sex life is non existant. My OCD thoughts are around 'sexual' issues so is it surprising that I don't want sex?

I am scared. What if he leaves and throws my thoughts at me. What if he tells people my thoughts. What if he tells our kids the thoughts and it screws them up and they hate me. I want to be a normal family and I don't even seem to be able to get that right.

In the past when we have argued my husband has thrown my thoughts at me. Not for quite a while however, and he said it was through frustatration and because he knew it would hurt, but that doesn't make it easier or better.

I am trying to hold everything together but I feel like a failure and that this is as good as life is going to get. We have bought 3 children into this world who I love more than anything ever for what, to become part of the next generation of messed up kids who in turn become messed up adults and it will all be my fault.

Is it worth it anymore. What is the point fighting this **** day in day out. Not sure I can anymore. My life is spiralling and there is nothing I can do about it.

Hi swo. Sorry to hear you're feeling so down. I know how much ocd can interfere with a marriage/partnership because I've been having similar problems too. I often feel that I spend so much time trying to control my ocd that I neglect the important things in my life. My marriage is really strained at the moment and it's all because of ocd. I do find sitting and talking to other half does help - don't know if that's something that you do but sometimes a heart to heart helps them realise just how tough it is for us. Maybe some counselling as a couple would help? It's something I have considered, anything that helps really. Hope you can sort things out and that you feel better soon x :original:

SWO you are a good person, wife/mother/daughter, Ocd knows this and is fighting to prevail victorious, Thing is it never will, It will get a grip, but this will lessen.

Like a strong man holding himself up on a bar, eventually he will let go, ocd will have to relax off,

Just remember you a good person, and you know this, Christ you help us on here, you gotta be good