ocd like hayfever

Hi,

My name is gemma and i am so stressed about posting this but nevermind.This isn't my user name as i am female but at the moment cant sign up.I actually cant do much.But i have thought of a good way to see ocd. That is like hayfever which i have and is incredibly irritating hence like ocd!Its caused by a response to a stimuli that in most cases would be fine but in some causes all sorts of bother.So when i have an obsession it is like grass being rammed up your nose! Its not my fault that my body cant handle it.Also you cant rub your eyes no matter how much it hurts.

Very interesting huh?

Hopefully i will sign in one day.

Gemma x

Guest legend

yes i see the resembelance.....i have hayfever to, its very annoying, but not as annoying and

debilitating as ocd can be.. :dry:

are you receiving help for your ocd gemma.....

Nice to meet you, and look forwards to your future posts,

you get lots of friendly advice and suport on here....

take care

legend.x

I agree nowhere near as bad as ocd. I have had a course of cbt but now i am relying on self help. In fact i took a look at the four step plan to remind myself of where i was at. I am at step three, the impossible step it seems but going to keep trying.

Thanks for the reply its a great comfort.

Gemma x

Guest legend

Its nice to know you are not alonexxx, and yes the 4 step approach is a good tool,

it certainly helped me to a near on recovery....

Most important thing tho gemma, is to keep perservering, and at least you are giving it a go...

one of my fave quotes is....

to find success you have to put yourself into a position where you could fail ..!!

keep posting, we are all here to help

legend

Guest owane1

I wish I only got it for a couple of months a year like hayfever - actually if we are wishing for things I wish none of us had it at all :a1_cheesygrin: