Numbers

Guest Heryn

Guest Heryn

Where is the bloody wall bash smilie? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I opened up my inbox to find [x] number of emails. So bloody ironic. I don't understand! and I hate having OCD. Feel like such an idiot. Why do I keep seeing this number?? It's even on the news.

cheers

Heryn

Edited by Guest
Guest markysharky
Hello, Just wondering if anyone can relate to disliking a certain number because it's bad/unlucky. Something else OCD-y has cropped up & the two aren't related... but what if they are and it's all some big karma conspiracy. :wallbash: I know how silly it will sound. Oh I dunno. thanks Heryn
hi heryn. My numbers become unlucky if i don't see them. Seeing them gives me comfort or peace even tho i remain anxious. Make sense? I wont type them here in case they set anyone off but i briefly discussed them in another thread i posted. They appear to me everywhere. Even my feet and astrological birth number. Weird
Guest Heryn
hi heryn. My numbers become unlucky if i don't see them. Seeing them gives me comfort or peace even tho i remain anxious. Make sense? I wont type them here in case they set anyone off but i briefly discussed them in another thread i posted. They appear to me everywhere. Even my feet and astrological birth number. Weird

Thanks for your reply, mark.

Well, I said things were going to get better, but evidently I lied. And that's all I want to say about that. :wallbash:

Edited by Guest
Guest markysharky
Thanks for your reply, mark.

Well, I said things were going to get better, but evidently I lied. And that's all I want to say about that. :wallbash:

Oh you poor thing.

Looks like you had a late night too.

Hope you got some sleep

:original:

Guest Harri

Hi, i had a similar thing, but it was certain words. i couldn't even say them and everywhere i went they were there, stalking me. i used to get really anxious over it, scared that if i went somewhere and there was a certain word it was an omen or some such. anyway i was really going into one one day when hubby turned around and said, but it's just a word. as you can imagine i flew at him over it, it wasn't just a word, it was something that was following me, making me do riturals etc. and then he said something that has helped me get through it. "you only see it everywhere because your looking for it" and guess what, he was right. he then gave me another word and told me to look out for it and guess what, i saw it everywhere. you only see what you want to see.

ocd is very clever at tricking us. if you have a number that you see everywhere, how many other numbers are there that your not seeing? because ocd tells you to look out for this number, not any of the others, does that make sense? it's weird how the brain can do that, just see one thing rather then the whole.

i still panick if i see certain words, but now i try and remember that i've been looking at words all day and so there is always a random possibility that the one i associate with luck/bad luck will come up.

some times it is a coincidence, and ocd is just using it as a weapon.

hugs

Harri x x x

Guest -Nizz-

I don't dislike certain numbers in an OCD-way - maybe party due to my love of Maths - but I do have 'lucky' numbers, one ironically enough is a number I dislike in a non-OCD way.

Having that sort of dislike for numbers must be pretty awful, good luck with conquering it! :) I dislike certain shades of the colour yellow, and particular objects, in that sort of way.

Guest Heryn

Thanks for your replies, guys.

:weep: I don't understand why this is happening. OCD is going to jump over this as usual. I don't get why I keep seeing this b****** number it's like some kind of bad omen. What does it mean??? :wallbash: Sorry. It's not as if I don't have a roof over my head (or even broadband) but how can things turn on their heads so easily? How...? I don't know. Sorry for the rant.

Things mostly look better in the morning, so I'll leave it there, I think.

a very useless

Heryn

Edited by Guest
Guest markysharky
Thanks for your replies, guys.

:weep: I don't understand why this is happening. OCD is going to jump over this as usual. I don't get why I keep seeing this b****** number it's like some kind of bad omen. What does it mean??? :wallbash: Sorry. It's not as if I don't have a roof over my head (or even broadband) but how can things turn on their heads so easily? How...? I don't know. Sorry for the rant.

Things mostly look better in the morning, so I'll leave it there, I think.

a very useless

Heryn

Hey.

It seems this really gets to you at night when you should be able to go to sleep. I know what that's like. Until very recently I have been really struggling with sleep. It's like, as soon as my head hits the pillow, all the days issues are tipped up into my head. Filling it with doubt, problems, issues. All of which I tend to take out on my partner, ultimately questioning her level of comittment and care for my well being. "I'm in pain here! Don't you care?!?"

I recently posted something which has helped me incredibly. I don't know how "in to" wholistic treatments you are, but I have had what's called an NET adjustment from my chiropractor. It has help me no end. Yes I still have my "lucky" numbers. Yes I still have my intrusive thoughts, my patterns, my reassurance seeking, all the usual traits we deal with on a daily basis. But, for now anyway, I also have sleep. I can fall asleep like a "normal" person. And you know what? We need it so much. To give us not only respite from the day we're likely to have had, but strength for the battle we may encounter in the day ahead. If you want to know more about it, I'd be happy to give you some information.

In the meantime, valerian and lavender work wonders also!

Take care,

Marky :a1_cheesygrin:

Guest Heryn

Thanks for your reply, Mark. :)

I really don't have the money for alternative treatments at the moment, beyond herbal tinctures and tea. I'm hoping to come off medication at some point - my GP recommended that I begin to take anti-depressants every second day, because they know I'm concerned that OCD might just all come back and hit me in one big wave.

...like the way it's irritating me slightly now. Doing my best to ignore it though. *fingers crossed*

Thanks again,

cheers,

Heryn

PS. That little 'edited by' line is bloody irritating.

Edited by Guest
Guest Claire88

Hi Heryn,

Not sure if this will be any help to you and it may be hard, if you try not to think of the "number" it may not crop up so much.

Ive notcied when I think about something in depth its everywhere...news, tv programmes, conversations at work and home etc

Have you tried Relaxation at night where you gradually tense and relax every muscle?? This helps clear your head and you may notice the number slowly disappearing out of everything and may help you sleep.

Sorry of this is of no help to you.

C :original:

• 1 month later...
Guest Heryn
Ive notcied when I think about something in depth its everywhere...news, tv programmes, conversations at work and home etc

Hi Claire

Thanks for your reply. That happens to me too. Seeing it everywhere is creepy.

I dragged this topic up because this morning (said in a Top Gear style... loved Sunday's episode) has not gone well. The irony is that my most-disliked number is actually not really a big part of the root cause and I should've just probably not given in to OCD over said number...

Thanks for reading

Heryn

Guest Claire88
Hi Claire

Thanks for your reply. That happens to me too. Seeing it everywhere is creepy.

I dragged this topic up because this morning (said in a Top Gear style... loved Sunday's episode) has not gone well. The irony is that my most-disliked number is actually not really a big part of the root cause and I should've just probably not given in to OCD over said number...

Thanks for reading

Heryn

It is creepy (strange how some things work).

Have you tried to think of something else? Maybe something positive that you have done that day or the day before? Doesnt always work but might be a starting point to try and reduce this number down.

Ive noticed lately certain numbers I have began to get a real dislike to and Im not sure where its come from. Maybe me being superstitious (as there are two numbers in particular this happens with) as at the moment they arent controlling me in a major way.

Didnt want to put them on here incase they are the ones you/others face.

Keep trying and im sure you will do it

C

Guest Charlotte

Hello :original:

Well, numbers rule my life. Four is my lucky number and therefore any multiple of four, especially sixteen and sixty four... and the number that comes before four is evil... in my opinion anyway!

I know what you mean about it appearing everywhere, and I also know how hard it is to get on top of this one. Just know that you're not alone, and that we will all get through this.

Lottie xxxx

Guest redchilli

This is me all over!

I am terrified of a certain number and the larger it is written the worse. One of my fears is touching a huge one written on a bill board!

I am so messed up!

Guest legend
This is me all over!

I am terrified of a certain number and the larger it is written the worse. One of my fears is touching a huge one written on a bill board!

I am so messed up!

an irrattional fear that can be overcome, james, with the correct help.

Have you had any cbt for your ocd ?

Guest Heryn

I've been trying to take no notice of significant numbers, today.

I think I've done alright, despite more than a few instances of said numbers, but then a little while ago karma came along and did this: :jumpon:

I can't believe this has happened. Well, I can, because OCD was telling me so. Thoughts?