Is this classed as magic thinking?

Ive been having an ok 2 days (long may it continue) and my partner has noticed a change

i said on the phone "If it was that easy to catch HIV, we would all be doomed!!" this is a part of my logical thinking about the "blood" touching my finger

He was like "exactly"

and since i told him my secret thought thats helped me, i feel abit empty and have started thinking about it abit

is this OCD trying to kick in the orignal thought again? or should i have kept this technique to myself?

I know ive said it here but its diffrent as we all understand and help eachother

Guest Bobby Digital

I'm not sure I understand fully what you are saing but if I have, no there is nothing wrong with telling him that. It's no secret that it's very, very difficult to catch HIV and you saying that is no big deal. I don't think it matters that you told him what you have been thinking if thats help you.

Guest beautifulearth83

cam! my goodness. I have been around forums for awhile and I think that I've brought this up to people before, but that same sort of thing happens to me! I know I'm saying it excitedly and I don't know if that's appropriate because perhaps it's not anything to celebrate.

But, what basically happens is that if I have a thought that is working well for me in my head...say it's a happy quote, some sort of advice, a bit of knowledge that excites me, or maybe a new product I got that I'm enjoying. If I mention it, I feel like all the positive links to it are broken and then I can't experience it in it's freshness and entirety, because there will always be a thought looming with it and that emptiness is a result as you mention.

It's similar to the feeling one would have if they were to buy a Christmas gift for someone and just be so excited about how great a gift it is and then telling them and spoiling it. Then it's just not exciting anymore.

Anyway, hope I didn't rant too much. I was just excited to talk to somebody who could relate, because I feel like a lot of my thoughts are unlike others.

Do you agree with what I'm saying on some of this stuff or is it a little different?

cam! my goodness. I have been around forums for awhile and I think that I've brought this up to people before, but that same sort of thing happens to me! I know I'm saying it excitedly and I don't know if that's appropriate because perhaps it's not anything to celebrate.

But, what basically happens is that if I have a thought that is working well for me in my head...say it's a happy quote, some sort of advice, a bit of knowledge that excites me, or maybe a new product I got that I'm enjoying. If I mention it, I feel like all the positive links to it are broken and then I can't experience it in it's freshness and entirety, because there will always be a thought looming with it and that emptiness is a result as you mention.

It's similar to the feeling one would have if they were to buy a Christmas gift for someone and just be so excited about how great a gift it is and then telling them and spoiling it. Then it's just not exciting anymore.

Anyway, hope I didn't rant too much. I was just excited to talk to somebody who could relate, because I feel like a lot of my thoughts are unlike others.

Do you agree with what I'm saying on some of this stuff or is it a little different?

I do agree with u, and i feel like i could have written alot of that myself.

I do find if im feeling well within myself and the logic starts to kick in that its my big secret. Then i want to share it eventually with my partner if he notices a diffrence.

As soon as i do i slump as my secret has been revlead and i dont feel it to be special anymore.