Do you avoid drinking so you don't have to go to the loo

Yep :thumbup:

If this is the case, please try Instant Hand Cleanser.  The one I have is made by Palmolive but, I'm sure other companies may it too.  No soap or water invovlved.  Just a squirt of the stuff on your hand.  Rub hands together done!!!!  I believe it's similar to the stuff used by nurses in hospital wards.  A little bottle of this stuff lasts forever, as such a small amount is required.

Thanks for this :D. I have seen this kind of stuff and think it looks fab for when I'm in a bad way OCD-wise. However, I am really wanting to just not wash/clean my hands when I feel OCD-ish so I am trying to face up to my fears a bit!

I have a question about drinking for people...

recently I have been mega thirsty and so have been drinking quite a lot (for me, anyway).

In the early hours of this morning I had to get up for a drink and then today I have had probably about 700ml of orange juice and a bowl of soup, which is a lot of fluid in total! This seems a lot to me, is it excessive do you think? At the mo I just get some such raging thirsts that I have to have a drink and it feels a bit odd :thumbup:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest madmummy

it's probably your body needing the fluids! its not excessive - everyone should drink 2 litres of water a day (so 2000 ml or 4.4 pints).

keep drinking, you're doing great! :thumbup:

MM

Guest Kitty

Yep, agree with madmummy... :crybaby:

Not excessive at all. You need 2 litres of fluid a day.

It could be your meds that are giving you raging thirsts - some of them can make you have a dry mouth as a side effect.

You did fab to drink all that though, NS - really really great :huh:

Love K

xx

Ta ladies :huh:

Today I was doing fine not drinking and then got a really raging thirst so had to have 2 glasses! I now have a bottle of orange squash in my locker so I can have some when I get thirsty. Wish it wouldn't happen though :crybaby:

Guest Kitty
Ta ladies :crybaby:

Today I was doing fine not drinking and then got a really raging thirst so had to have 2 glasses! I now have a bottle of orange squash in my locker so I can have some when I get thirsty. Wish it wouldn't happen though :(

40329[/snapback]

2 glasses is fab! Well done! :huh:

And a positive step you've got something in your locker to stave off thirst too. That's great!

You're doing fab!

Love K

xx

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

I didn't want to start a new thread as this is basically what it is about.

I don't drink enough but at the moment my problem is my fear of going to the toilet. Anyway....

Any tips on how to drink more and not go through the discomfort of holding going to the toilet? :)

Hiya Gayle,

That's the same fear as mine! :doh: I don't really have any tips I'm afraid, as I'm not doing great at fighting this fear. I guess just try to have small drinks regularly, so you're not consuming a huge amount in one go but at the same time you're not getting dehydrated. I've had to drink more than usual yesterday cos I was melting in the heat but it was still way less than it should have been :thumbup:.