Hi All,

I just wanted to let those who know about my OCD journey that today I have been taken off all medication and am no longer seeing my psychiatrist. It was my decision, although my psychiatrist and I had been preparing for this day for a while.

My OCD is still present every day and I check many things at work and at home. I think I am able to manage the OCD better now and am coping a lot better. I don't think I will ever be free of this, but I have the tools now to fight it.

If I don't give myself a chance to try and cope with the OCD without medication and professional help, I will never know if I can do it. There are always safety nets. Seeing my therapist again or making an appointment with my psychiatrist. My psychiatrist thinks that there is only a 1% chance that this will happen.

I am determind to do this, even though I am nervous and unsure.

Sarah

xx

Guest marky1982

That's brilliant Sarah :clapping: I know how hard you've worked over recent years and I remember your down times, so it's really great to read how you are now. You've worked so hard and as you say, if you do need help in the future, don't be afraid to ask. Well done!!! :original:

Good on you Sarah!

Really pleased to hear that.

Remember to keep using the tools to cut down and eventually stop the checking that you are still doing, and life will get even better!

Stephen

Thank you very much for the lovely messages :original:

I think the OCD is worse than it usually is at the moment, because I have a supply teacher leading the class, instead of my normal teacher. I therefore have a lot more responsibility.

Sarah

xx