Vision Disturbance

Guest Automated Alice

Guest Automated Alice

Hi ,

I was just wondering if anyone else gets vision disturbance with anxiety/ depression or OCD,

and whether its related.

The kind I mean is like a 'fuzzy' line , like a zig-zag that goes acoss your feild of vision, its quite disturbing to say the least!!

I used to get it when lay down and was pautting pressure on my eye, by the way I was lay,

its awful , lol, cause im trying to type this, and cannot see !! :D

Its not too bad when its sort of in the corner of your eye, (its mioving to the side now, lol:grin:_ but when its directly in front of you, its quite alarming!!

Thanks for reading,

Alice xxx :)

Hi AA

The thing is I think with anxiety related problems is that they can cause all sorts of neuropsychological disturbances which can present in the form of physical symptoms like you're describing. Victoria mentions migraine and this is a good example of the mind and body interacting. Don't know whether it's any better today? If it is a migraine I'd have thought it should be settling a bit by now, although they can leave you feeling a bit 'hungover'.

The only other thing I could think of was whether it could be related to any meds you are taking. Then again if you've been on them for a while you shouldn't get any sudden changes in how they affect you.

Let us know how it's going :D

Catherine

Hi Alice :thumbdown:,

I think I might be experiencing what you are talking about right now! It is, like you say, like a fuzzy line that moves across my field of vision. I think in my case it's associated with migraine but I really don't know. I often get a bad headache when it's like this but atm it's just the vision disturbance.

Guest Hypnosinc

Hi Ali,

How are you sleeping at the moment? Are you getting enough rest as over-tiredness can certainly cause these effects. Though stress is going to have a large effect as well.

I hope it hasn't spoilt your Christmas too much. Take care.

Guest Automated Alice

Thank you all for your replies, :(

you know, about 15 mins or so after I typed that, it dissapeared, thank god, lol. Ive heard about the connection to migraines, because an ex-boyfriend gets exactly the same thing with his migranes, considering the abruptness of the onset, ive never actually had a headache with it :( so i know its not a migrane related thingy

I used to get it a lot a few years ago, so the suddeness of it took me by surprise.

Its probably as Hypnosinc mentions = Stress :(. Now theres a more likely explanation :thumbdown:

Just hope it doesnt happen again :xmas_sad:

Thanks all

alice xxx :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luna_Lovegood
Hi  ,

I was just wondering if anyone else gets vision disturbance with anxiety/ depression or OCD,

and whether its related.

The kind I mean  is like a 'fuzzy' line , like a zig-zag that goes acoss your feild of vision, its quite disturbing to say the least!!

I used to get it when lay down and was pautting pressure on my eye, by the way I was lay,

its awful , lol,  cause im trying to type this, and cannot see !! :thumbup:

Its not too bad when its sort of in the corner of your eye, (its mioving to the side now, lol:grin:_ but when its directly in front of you, its quite alarming!!

Thanks for reading,

Alice  xxx :)

24557[/snapback]

I DO have vision disturbance with OCD. every time when i have severe OCD thoughts, my eyes hurts and RIGHT NOW my eyes are hurting! i have high intraocular fluid pressure and it's all because of my anxiety. I always feel that my eyes are going to explode. Sometimes it's so painful that makes me want to throw up.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi  ,

and whether its related.

The kind I mean  is like a 'fuzzy' line , like a zig-zag that goes acoss your feild of vision, its quite disturbing to say the least!!

its awful , lol,  cause im trying to type this, and cannot see !! :(

Thanks for reading,

Alice  xxx :)

24557[/snapback]

I DO have vision disturbance with OCD. every time when i have severe OCD thoughts, my eyes hurts and RIGHT NOW my eyes are hurting! i have high intraocular fluid pressure and it's all because of my anxiety. I always feel that my eyes are going to explode. Sometimes it's so painful that makes me want to throw up.

26357[/snapback]

When I get anxious/stressed in certain situations, my eyesight gets a little blurred, or garish (I think that's the right word). I have naturally bad eyesight anyway, so it can have quite a bad effect. Probably doesn't help that I use my pc a lot.

Cal.

Guest Automated Alice

Hi

thanks again for your replies :mad2:

I suppose using a pc a lot (as i do) doesnt help matters, i know you can get screens which can protect you from damage though

I found out it is called "occulur something or other" :) cant remember the proper name (-Harmony might know though - hee hee :grin: )i saw it on another message board for DP which i have, so it could be realated to depression

Not happened since though, thank god

:omg:

thanks again

love

alice

xxx