one for the girls

Guest Harri

Guest Kitty

Hiya Harri - don't think I've ever 'spoken' to you before :original:.

Just to say that I can understand how bad this must be for you and how it has affected you. I've kind of had something similar this week. I had to make an emergency GP appointment after I had two bleeds in two weeks, the second one started on Saturday and has been quite bad. My GP told me that as a rule, unless you're flooding (and the definition of flooding in this case is filling up 1 sanitary towel every hour for 3 hours) then it's best to just try and ride it out - any more than that and you need to see the Dr or go to A&E.

But - as has already been mentioned, if you've not been having periods for so long then it's only understandable that you're experiencing things like this now, it's just your bodies way of readjusting.

Make sure that firstly you've got appropriate pain relief if you need it - keep well hydrated with lots of warm drinks, and try and eat well. If you think you need it, or the bleeding continues for a while maybe think about trying an iron supplement for a short period of time.

Meantime try not to be too hard on yourself - my OCD has been through the roof since I had my second bleed, I've been feeling really poorly - and my rituals that I was starting to beat have come back in full force. So I can really really understand how you must be feeling. I'm sending you a big :hug: - take care

Love Kitty

xxxx

PS - If men had periods we really would never hear the end of it... :wink:

Edited by Guest
Guest Harri

Hi Kitty, Thanks,

I bleed quite badly (changing at least every hour, lucky i have a nice bathroom) but i was like that before which is why they fitted the coil, they haven't figured out why, had a d&c and all they said was could be over active ovaries!!!!!!! can't take iron (although have not got a lot in my system, body is stupid that way) as they make me really ill :dry: typical, the one thing my body needs is the one thing it rejects!

My ocd is really kicking in and i'm doing my best to try and ignor it, i just hadn't expected my body to react this way. how silly. it sounds strange but i really had forgotten how bad it was.

i'm hoping that it will stop in the next couple of days (hopefully not wishful thinking) and then i can carry on life as normal gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i keep telling myself that it's all worth it and then when i have a baby i won't regret it, but at the mo i just wish they could put the coil back in!!!!!

plus i don't know if anyone else suffers with this, but i've dumbed down, even typing is a struggle as my brain is not keeping up!!!! i've gone thick :helpsmilie:

thanks for the advice, i'm gonna make sure that i'm drinking more as i know i have a tendency to not drink enough normally. and i've been trying to eat sensibly, although for me thats a struggle, rather have a plate of chocolate at the mo :blushing: