25yr old mum of two with ocd wants to find simular

Guest summer1

Guest summer1

i have been diagnosed with ocd now for 6 years. after 4 yrs i finally started to understand the condition. i am desperate to find someone my age or simular whom i can chat with about the condition. My obsession is cleaning.

hi summer

just wanted to say that there is loads of people on here that you can chat to about your ocd. we all come form many walks of life so im sure there is many who would be able to identify with any issues you wish to discuss.

take care

x

nicky

summer1 - why do you want to find someone of your own age? Just wondered. I don't think OCD considers your age when it hits you. Well done, having had two children at such a young age.

Guest summer1
summer1 - why do you want to find someone of your own age? Just wondered. I don't think OCD considers your age when it hits you. Well done, having had two children at such a young age.

hi kisu

thank you for taking the time to read my post. age really isn't important. i just want to talk be able to talk about and discuss my feelings and thoughts with someone who could relate to me easier. i feel a bit alone i suppose.

summer1

Guest markysharky

Hi Summer.

Welcome aboard! I've not been here long either. But really finding it all very helpful.

I have an 11 year old daughter. I don't know about you but I worry on a daily basis how my "condition" might makes it's way into her precious little head.

I was a dad at 25. Now a little older :wink: so I understand your stresses, and perhaps the loneliness you may feel. Kudos to you for having the courage to kick this thing where it hurts now at such a young age.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Markysharky x

Guest loopylou2083

Hi summer

I've only been writing in here for a few days, and like yourself I am in my 20's and have two young children, and I feel very alone. But the people here have made me feel really accepted and tried to give me help and advice whenever I ask for it, they help me feel a lot more positive about everything... theres always someone who can relate, and theres always someone to reply to your post, even if its just to say well done or try and bring you back down to earth a little. You should tell us all a little more about yourself :a1_cheesygrin:

loupy, as I said to summer, age doesn't matter where OCD is concerned, except it might be easier for people of your generation to admit to it. I think I'm the only one here with young adult children (somehow a contradiction in terms :a1_cheesygrin: ) Dinosaurs were roaming the earth when I was born. I remember the Boer war. :helpsmilie:

Dinosaurs were roaming the earth when I was born. I remember the Boer war

Don't worry Ladies, you're not alone.....I'm (.......how shall I say) one of the more senior members of the board :wheelchair:

Just to say :welcome: Summer

You'll find many of our members who can identify with your problems. Please feel free to share the areas you're struggling with and hopefully we'll be able to help improve on them.

Caramoole :)

Guest markysharky
Don't worry Ladies, you're not alone.....I'm (.......how shall I say) one of the more senior members of the board :wheelchair:

Just to say :welcome: Summer

You'll find many of our members who can identify with your problems. Please feel free to share the areas you're struggling with and hopefully we'll be able to help improve on them.

Caramoole :)

Not all of us are ladies :wink: but my daughter has started wearing a bra (*reaches for oxygen mask)

Guest summer1
Hi Summer.

Welcome aboard! I've not been here long either. But really finding it all very helpful.

I have an 11 year old daughter. I don't know about you but I worry on a daily basis how my "condition" might makes it's way into her precious little head.

I was a dad at 25. Now a little older :wink: so I understand your stresses, and perhaps the loneliness you may feel. Kudos to you for having the courage to kick this thing where it hurts now at such a young age.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Markysharky x

hi marky sharky

thank you for your post. although i've had this condition for many years there are only 4 people in my life who know. But they don't understand do they? i had the condition for a few years before i understood and reconized it, so i don't blame them! :original:

i got better for twos years after my darkest period with ocd but a recent life problem has re- watered the roots-so to speak.

i had already passed on some of my obsessions to my son. he hateed mud on his hands, he wouldn't get dirty if he could avoid it! i think that was a a big turning point for me and ocd. i battled it in the face and slowly introduced a normal lived in home. instead of a showhome that if my husband sat down it would look untidy again! now i think i'm nearing the end of my battle against my obsessions, which is good. but i am really really really struggling with my thoughts. i cling on to really silly things and make them 200% worse! the thing is i'm holding it all in as i find speaking my thoughts extreamy hard . do you struggle speaking to others?

thank you

summerx

Guest summer1
Hi summer

I've only been writing in here for a few days, and like yourself I am in my 20's and have two young children, and I feel very alone. But the people here have made me feel really accepted and tried to give me help and advice whenever I ask for it, they help me feel a lot more positive about everything... theres always someone who can relate, and theres always someone to reply to your post, even if its just to say well done or try and bring you back down to earth a little. You should tell us all a little more about yourself :a1_cheesygrin:

thanks you and others here have made me feel really welcome x

summer