sick and anxious again, after very long period of "silence"

Guest Sammyhostie

Guest Sammyhostie

hi everyone

I have been really good anxeity and ocd wise lattely, i was only thinking last week i havent felt bad for ages. Anyway my mum called me last week and said she had been waiting for the past 2 weeks for the results of an Mri scan (they live in France) she had a polyp in her womb removed, and it was 1 of only 2 that her doctor has seen in 27 years that had had cancerous cells in it.

they had to check for cancer in her body on the scan and there were no tumours, but there is an area in her womb they dont like and they are going to do a hysterctomy and perhaps radiotherapy to kill it. she is finding out tomorrow what they are going to do.

Anyway I had an awful dream about her falling from a balcony last night and seeing her eyes close, and i couldnt get back to sleep, it felt like i was havingn waves of adrenaline that were making me feel sick and not letting me get a deep breath. I feel the same this morning and i hate it, do you think its anxiety?

im so upset bcos i have done so well. I have noticed my ocd routines and touching creeping back the last week since I spoke to mum but i feel quite ill today, so twitchy and nervous and on edge.

I wish it would go away, do you think it is bcos of mum i am feeling like this?

xx

Guest PatsyG

Hello :original:

I know there are different theories out there about OCD, some think it can be cured, others think all we can do is learn to manage it better and it never quite goes away.. I personally think that you cant cure it but get it to a very managable level, however, in times of stress it likes to make a bit of a comeback and we quickly need to put it back in its place..It sounds to me as though your worries about your mum have triggered the OCD again, well done for identifying it yourself cos I think thats the hard part! Try and do the same things you did before to get back to feel better again, nip it in the bud now and show it whos boss :boxing: and hope everything turns out well for your mum x