where im at now...

hi autumn,i really appreciate your response.I dont feel that im in a state,or at least not because of my ocd,but because of what smarties just put! to be honest i feel outraged that someone assumes that they know that left over feelings from my rape are making me reassure myself! that makes me very annoyed.What ****** me off,is when people assume that whe you tell them youve been raped,that the feelings around that must automatically influence other issues in your life.

Cat, can I just point you to Becca's post about Diet and OCD.

She asked for advice, she was in a state, the thing that popped out for me was when she said "oh my god, i have gotten myself into a state havent i"

Bless her, but everyone understood but EVERYONE on here has gotten themselves into this kind of state about OCD. The support we all get from each other on here is that we tell it like it is.

We have OCD, that is what winds us all up like coiled springs, everyone can see this with you just as everyone could see how Becca was struggling, and just as everyone sympathised with Becca everyone sympathises with you.

The difference as I see is that comment that Becca made:

"oh my god, I have gotten myself into a state haven't I"

Acknowleging that by engaging with her OCD she had caused herself some distress. I think you need to take this step too rather than accuse all and sundry of not understanding you.

We understand this thing well and truly, we ALL suffer from it and know how damaging it can be. You need to take responsibility for the state you are getting yourself into.

Why is this so hard for you??

(have a read through the thread, I think it's a true reflection of why OCD UK is so great)

xx

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry,but i find ur assumptions quite offensive.

I do find it offensive that you are assuming that i have left over feelings from what happened to me,as noone has the right to make assumptions about what im feeling.

Sorry Cat, I am not having this anymore. Smarties as tried to help you throughout this thread, and did not write anything offensive, merely made a suggestion, about your continued posting about men . You are of course entitled to dismiss the suggestion, but instead, like always, you have reacted by accusing yet someone else of being offensive and upsetting you just because they have offered an alternative viewpoint.

We have given you hours and hours of advice and support, the vast majority of which as been thrown back in the faces of these lovely people trying to help you. For the good of the forum I now need to take some action.

did u say lawrie/caramoole/hal,that ocd driven responses caused by ocd can include both sexual like feelings and anxiety arousal? yes or no/? can anyone not see why i would be upset at being told that im reassuring myself that my feelings are ocd driven (ie inplying their not but im telling myself that they are),and that im driven to stamp out any possibility of sexual feelings towards men? can anyone see why that is upsetting to someone with obsessive doubt? id just like to know.to me,what smarties was implying,was that there may be some reality that these feelings are sexual and towards men,or is that wrong smarties? id like to give u a chance to explain what u meant..

Edited by Guest

Oh my goodness, how many times do people have to answer this? Sorry Cat you can not post this anymore, please read your own threads previously posted. I am not sure how I can say this, but for the good of the forum you have to stop posting the same things over, and over again because it is wrong of us to answer it so many times, and also is taking over the forum and for the benefit of other users I can't allow it.

Hello cat,

Firstly, my apologies for offending you, that was not my intention, especially in regards to such an awful thing. Secondly, I did not think I was suggesting something new, given that you yourself have mentioned the incident in connection with your OCD in the past. Thirdly, of course I do not think you have any 'real' sexual feelings for men, I know its OCD, I am simply linking the two things together as you have done here:

Yes,i do believe thats why my ocd chose to attack with me thoughtts on men though.

I saw a counsellor for a while who linked my OCD to an incident in my past. Its a relatively common theory.

Best wishes.

hi,i cant use my pm facility,can anyone tell me why? i wanted to reply to a poster on my thread,but as thats closed,how do i reply to them?

your post smarties...

Cat, my main point was that its not just the fear of being straight that is your OCD, the whole thing is OCD. You are obviously very afraid of having sexual feelings towards men, and from what I have gathered, this may be linked to an incident in your past, which I will not go into as I know nothing about it. However, that fear in itself is, I think, what is driving you to try to reassure yourself that any slight positive (in sexual terms) feeling towards a man is OCD-driven. I think perhaps you may need some further counselling with respect to what happened to you, because I think it is the feelings left behind from that, that drive you to stamp out any remote possibility of sexual feelings towards men.

You obviously are a lesbian, there is no doubt about that. But I think that in your case, there is something particular behind your need to constantly prove that, beyond all doubt. I wish you the best of luck in working through this issue.

hi smarties,i had to post a reply to you here as i cant pm you.I reposted your reply earlier here so i could refer to it as i responded to your apology.I appreciate your apology.It wasnt the fact that you were linking my ocd to my past that was the most upsetting thing.Yes i had said that the obsession maybe abou sexuality as when it struck it would have been my worst fear not to be gay,given my feelings then about men.But saying that is not implying that i am now not over the issue. It was what you said about me having feelings left from it,and the those feelings drive me to stamp out any remote possibility of sexual feelings towards men that upset me.As i thought that you were saying that you thought i was surpressing sexual feelings towards men,rather than the feelings being caused by the ocd.I also thought that you had said that you thought that I was reassuring myself that the feelings were ocd,when you dont think that they are ocd.Do you see why i thought that from what you said? When you talked about possible sexual feelings,it wasnt clear to me that you meant ocd feelings,as i thought that you thought i had real sexual feelings i was driving out.does that make sense? hence why i was upset and angry.I was also upset that you were presuming to tell me that i might need more counselling on the past issue,as you felt it was influencing my ocd now.I didnt feel anyone had the right to make that judgement about where i am now,and to say that i had feelings left over,without knowing me well personally.Im happy to move on from our issues now though.I do feel that i would have liked some acknowledgement of my right to be upset earlier,as i received no acknowledgement of my right to be upset.

I do feel that i would have liked some acknowledgement of my right to be upset earlier,as i received no acknowledgement of my right to be upset.

Cat,

I think we have a problem here, this is an example of where the way you use the forum is not how the forum works.

You constantly post on this site, more than anyone else. That is fine, you can post but when people post something which remotely gets your back up you throw around accusations of being upset, they have caused you to spike and demand a right to be upset and acknowledgement of that. That in turn causes those people to become upset. On each occasion your accusations against other people are non founded.

Today is a prime example, you do not have any right to demand acknowledgement of my right to be upset. You do have the right to say no, actually I disagree with your opinion because of these reasons.

If you are getting easily upset, which cleary you are, then you really do need to take a step back from posting. If you have a genuine cause to be upset at a comment by another user then see the mods by PM'ing them from the link at the top.

We want to help you, but you are making it impossible for us to do so.