Karma, the power of intention, the power of words?

Guest Ramos28

hi,my ocd isnt exhaggerating a concern though,as before i had ocd and now i have no issue with my sexuality,although i did have issues with men so maybe thats why it focusses on them.So i dont think i agree that ocd is always an exhaggerated concern,as for me theres no rational concern that ocd is playing on.For me,the ocd is totally irrational and not based on any real rational concern.

I think sun&clouds is onto something - all OCD no matter how it manifests itself always exaggerates a concern (usually rational) to a point of irrationality.

I haven't really got any firm views either way about karma - it may be real or it may not, what really matters though is that it sounds as though the OCD has latched onto this aspect of belief to a point where it's no longer helpful to your quality of life.

In a way you've been trapped twice - both by the OCD (stuck in the pattern) but also how you view the role of karma (a form of magical thinking). All OCD is an attempt at control and trying to minimise uncertainty in our lives - unfortunately there are no certainties in life and realistically we only have so much control/influence in our lives.

You will never be able to either prove or disprove the existence of karma - what matters is living your life how YOU would like to live it and NOT how the OCD dictates. It may mean that for you to move forward you have to break the cycle by standing up to OCD and your beliefs about karma itself.

No matter what form of OCD we each have it's always counter-productive - I think I'm right in saying that the true role of karma should be a positive one. The fact that it's now causing you so much anxiety shows that it's real message has been hijacked by the negative influence of OCD.

I haven't expressed that very well (quite a complex set of ideas), but I hope you get the jist of what I mean :original:

Guest legend
Yep, absolutely Legend. I think I'm still in a bit of a fight with my OCD over this one - I think we're currently at a draw at the moment :). I might just get all the albums I make these associations with and just listen to them, one after another.

go for it.........., and let us know how it goes... :boxing:

legend :original:

Guest sun&clouds

That would be brilliant ERP - show OCD you're the boss :boxing: sun&clouds

go for it.........., and let us know how it goes... :boxing:

legend :original:

Yep, I'll let you know how it goes. 10 albums - funnily enough I thought it was more - one a day.

Sorry Ramos, I didn't mean to steal your thread :blushing:

Edited by Guest
Guest Ramos28
Yep, I'll let you know how it goes. 10 albums - funnily enough I thought it was more - one a day.

Sorry Ramos, I didn't mean to steal your thread :blushing:

haha no worries...at least the threat is getting some good responses and we're having fun with it...

guys check this out...i'm gonna try it...

http://anxieties.com/ocd-four.php Check it out, and see if you can do the program and if it works for you. we can then share our experiences.

Guest Ramos28

tonight had another experience....

i am getting closer to the victory as I'm seeing some short periods of time where i'm anxiety free, ocd free, and full of hope...

but as soon as i get to that state, my mind is looking for something to obsess over. So today after feeling good, i had another "Karma" obsession, but i was so fed up with it that i said "I don't care anymore about what happens", but right away i had a fear that because i said that the Universe heard it as "i agree with bad things happening to me in the future, and I accept them"...so now i feel like i've invited those bad things...

what do you think?

hi ramos,i think that ocd is a load of ********! if often happens to me that if im going through an ocd free time,it comes back and bites me me on the bum! i think its when u let your guard down that the thoughts can sneak in.So try to anticipate that it will come back,but without thinking it will come back,if u know what i mean.As the trap i got into was being shocked each time it comes back,a trap im still struggling with! The universe isnt a being,its a place,and it doesnt have ears,so dont worry about what it thinks. Ive said before that i would like someone to die a horrible death,in my mind,to someone who abused me badly,and then was terrified it came true.They might have died a horrible death,but that wouldnt be my fault.Thinking u want someone to die wont make it happen,people die for all sorts of reasons.It sounds like you have responsibility ocd,where u feel over responsible for people etc.Honestly,people are quite capable of creating their own mistakes and dangers without u feeling like ur making it happen for them! Its great that u were able to say u dont care what happens,thats exactly right.By not caring,the ocd loses power.welldone.Ive also found that some obsessions burn themselves out after a while,as you get bored of hearing them,maybe thats whats happening to you.Its very common to worry that ur not worried by the obsessions anymore too,it doesnt mean theyr anymore real. Some people might say im wrong here to reassure you,but in my opinion you havent invited bad thoughts or things to happen.It doesnt work that way.Now u need to take a leap of faith as i wont say it again!

• 4 months later...

When magical thinking OCD and religious concepts combine it can be very unhelpful. It's like pouring petrol onto a fire in my case!

You could describe OCD thinking as the perceived concept of Karmic thinking in a nutshell. ie "if I do, think or say "bad A" then "bad B" will happen to me" etc - one thing I heard recently about the meaning of Karma roughly translated means "your doing" which means it does not necessarily mean that lots of inordinately bad things will happen to you because of what you do, just that it's a teaching to be aware of the consequences of everyday actions.... Of course everyone with OCD can be fully aware of this but it doesn't stop the fear and dread which comes with it.

Hi!

My OCD is that i wish bad things to my family members, mostly my brother... and i "using" God, Gods for it, and etc...

I don't want that my wishes come true... and i feel myself evil. How can that happened to me? What is this? I love my brother...

First i wanted to kill myself, just not to have those thoughts again, but... my family hadn't allowed me to do that... And my brother tells me always that he loves me... and I know i love him too...

I wasn't evil if i think back in time... It cant be...

Now... i really fear of that my wishes came true... but than i will kill myself that's for sure.

I got anafranil and rivotril to my OCD...

It's like im an evil, mad one who wants to ruin my only beloved brothers life.