stupid OCD!!!

Guest gemgem

does yr OCD make u do things so silly u have to laff yrself sumtimes?

i meantioned thsi on another thread, bu twhen im in the shower i have to check taht ive washed certain bits by singing this

"washed, washed, washed my.....at (the time), washed washed washed washed my ...and my..."

to the tune of the Conga!!!

:D

i meantioned thsi on another thread, bu twhen im in the shower i have to check taht ive washed certain bits by singing this

"washed, washed, washed my.....at (the time), washed washed washed washed my ...and my..."

:crybaby:

27773[/snapback]

how do you remember what you've washed though? do you wash in any order?! try that you can't go wrong then .

Shy

how do you remember what you've washed though? do you wash in any order?! try that you can't go wrong then .

27783[/snapback]

I wash in a particular order - it has been the same for a few months now. As I shower I end up washing in time to my singing and for some reason the songs always seem to be 'The Lonely Goatherd' (which I hate) or songs from 'Oliver' :crybaby:

I don't know why - I never otherwise even think of these songs.

Guest twoshoes

I have mentioned before about running the cold tap singing "Cold baby, cold baby, baby, baby, cold, cold" to the tune of come baby come by K7 (i think)

:)

:(

:blushing:

Yeah, I feel real silly!

Guest Dreamer
I have mentioned before about running the cold tap singing "Cold baby, cold baby, baby, baby, cold, cold" to the tune of come baby come by K7 (i think)

:(

:blushing:

Yeah, I feel real silly!

27815[/snapback]

thats is one of the funniest things ive ever heard. i have thought of that tune in 7 years. how did you remeber their name. :D

dreamer x.

Guest day_enthusiast

Ha! Whenever I drink a can of pop, I sing the alphabet song under my breath while I do my little 'taking apart ritual'. It fells like I'm giving myself really good luck but I feel about 4 1/2!

Guest twoshoes
Ha! Whenever I drink a can of pop, I sing the alphabet song under my breath while I do my little 'taking apart ritual'. It fells like I'm giving myself really good luck but I feel about 4 1/2!

here's another one :D I used to sing the teletubbies theme under my breath if i had bitten my nails. You know it's daft and childish but you just have too.

As for remembering K7 I looked it up on the internet after months of being plagued by it :crybaby:

Guest Miss_Flippin_Mental

27773[/snapback]

Hi I go round shouting off off off locked hehehehe but it makes me know I checked but when u get to the 100 time gets abit too much, I have a check list and i tick it each time I check. :thumbup:

Guest Brainstrain

27783[/snapback]

I wash in a particular order - it has been the same for a few months now. As I shower I end up washing in time to my singing and for some reason the songs always seem to be 'The Lonely Goatherd' (which I hate) or songs from 'Oliver' :thumbup:

I don't know why - I never otherwise even think of these songs.

27797[/snapback]

Hi all,

I have always thought I just had the pure o version but now I think about it I do have some rituals and I too have to wash in a particular order and don't feel right if I know I have missed something out! When on a romantic holiday with my husband and we did the obligatory showering together thing it completely threw me! I was a little worried about whether I had washed everything properly so perhaps I do have some rituals after all!

brainstrain :)

Guest Beasley28

ye myn makes me laugh alot like the other day i was at cognetive behavuroal theropist or sumit like that and i basically had to describe to him how i went to the toilet and did a number 2 step by step as while i did it i did stidp things like stood up sat down so many times or washed my hands so many times i was so embarresed but after wards i just about collapsed laughin

Guest Memeplex

Can't say I've ever used singing, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea! :( I think anything to jolt your brain out of its repetative cycle is a good thing.

I certainly do a lot of things that I laugh at myself for, like saying "definately locked the door" loudly several times as I leave the house. If I can't be sure I locked the door, at least I'm sure I risked looking mad in front of the neighbours, which means I did lock the door, so it helps!