Program sky one

Guest SHY

Did anyone see that program on sky one the other night called "what we still don't know...about bathrooms"? i seriously wish i had never watched it because it scared the hell out of me. I think it has made me so much worse and i really don't know why i watched it but i really needed to know what it was about.

I'm going absolutely crazy now and have to hold my breath when i'm in the bathroom incase i catch something to the point that i nearly pass out.

Anyone else see this?

:crybaby:

Shy.

Guest twoshoes

Sensationalism I love it! :D NOT

"When Iguanas attack!"

"When good times go BAAAD!"

"How dangerous is your bus ticket?"

I can't help wanting to watch these programs but they do feed my OCD, i watch them like Dr.Who...from behind the sofa :crybaby:

OOH! got another "what's hiding behind your sofa?"

THE WIFE! :)

Anyhow. Don't let it creep in. Try and fight it, you have been OK so far. Imagine what would happen if we didn't have modern bathrooms :omg: . The bathroom is the lesser of two evils. i do understand how you feel I HATE using our bathroom and I am currently showering aftter going to the loo and it makes me very miserable. i am having a new bathroom in 3 weeks and I restart CBT around the same time, first thing is going to be using the bathroom sensibly.

Don't hold your breath!

I know you know!

Take care and I hope you start to feel better soon.

"How dangerous is your bus ticket?"

27817[/snapback]

Yeah sounds about right, anything to get some viewers! Just imagine all those scared old people out there...

Any opinions are welcome harmony. :crybaby:

The shy one.

Guest Miss_Flippin_Mental

Hiy Shy

No I did not see that program on sky the other day, but Im sure it has gone over the top about hygene as per usual, Bit like that program how clean is your house and so on. I no longer watch stuff like that as if I did I never get out of bed. If you have problems with stressing after what u see or read then dont look at them. remember when we are kids without the care in the world the things we did like eating dirt and so on, It helps the body build a good ermmmm cant spell the word, lol. but basicly having bit of dirt dont do anyone any harm as it help the body be stronger. I worry all the time bout germs and bacteria im trying my hardest to fight it. My way of dealing with it is dont watch **** on tv, :(

Guest Memeplex

Programmes like that are always way over the top as it's the only way they keep people interested! They go for worst-case scenarios and it's for entertainment value (for non-sufferers who aren't bothered by this kind of stuff!) rather than being in any way educational.

What we still don't know about bathrooms we've survived without knowing for centuries, so it can't be that bad!

And it's also very true that houses can be too clean. If we aren't exposed to some level of germs we don't develop immunity to them, which is a bad thing.

Guest harmony

Sorry for this slow reply but I feel that I just wouldn’t help with my rational view point of the program, I do have a lot to say but its all rational.

Sorry

Alan

Guest bigkeefer
And it's also very true that houses can be too clean. If we aren't exposed to some level of germs we don't develop immunity to them, which is a bad thing.

28154[/snapback]

Too true Memeplex!!! It makes me seeth when I see these :) adverts where she sprays the phone etc. until its dripping with chemicals.

Not only does it hinder the immune system by being too clean - but is very likely that it can be linked to asthma and all kinds of other health problems.

Dousing the bathroom (or any other room) in chemicals is not the answer. I'd rather take my chances with the so called germs to be honest!..

Harmony, if we are to follow the advice, a rational view is what's needed :D

I know these programmes are way OTT...but the books would advise watching them, not avoiding them :omg:

Sorry people....avoidance isn't the answer :)

Ducks out of here quickly :)