Knuckle cracking

Guest lilyelspeth

Guest lilyelspeth

i have to crack my knuckles, wrists, big toes, ankles, elbows,sometimes knees,

and most frequent and worrying one for me is my neck cracking, im scared one day ill snap my neck, i crack my neck handless.

when i saw my ts neuro he did ask if i crack my joints, so there must be something in it.

thing is as you can see from my sig i have adhd and once i start meds for that (jan) it could make the ts worse, gonna need a neck brace.

Hi there....we've not met yet :original:

Thanks for you account of cracking joints, it is interesting what you have to say and your neurologist. A neck brace doesn't sound good but I'd go for it if it will help protect you against future injury. I suffer with knee problems from when I did my ligaments in nearly 20 years ago and my tics were really heavy duty. I'm on Amisulpiride now which really helps. Good luck with your ADHD meds, doesn't sound a bundle of fun for you.

Catherine

Guest 574lk3r

Hi there....we've not met yet :original:

Thanks for you account of cracking joints, it is interesting what you have to say and your neurologist. A neck brace doesn't sound good but I'd go for it if it will help protect you against future injury. I suffer with knee problems from when I did my ligaments in nearly 20 years ago and my tics were really heavy duty. I'm on Amisulpiride now which really helps. Good luck with your ADHD meds, doesn't sound a bundle of fun for you.

Catherine

hi :)

the neck brace reference was a joke, i should have written it beter sorry,

thankfuly i wont literally be needing one.

theres a catherine on a adhd site who seems to like tigger, you wouldent be her would you?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest miss domino

I hate it when I get flack for doing something I 'can't help'. As a child I used to get reprimanded for my twitching and over the years it really wore me down :( .

Well done for trying your own CBT!

Catherine :)

I hear that sister!! My mom constantly tells me to ''just stop'' and that I'm ''sick in the head'' and just for the life of her cannot understand why I possibly do the things I do (which, by the way, involve OCD rituals and Compulsive Skin Picking to the degree of drawing blood and creating some serious wounds) ... I crack my knuckles every 5 minutes and I know that it all links in with my OCD... anyways just wanted to say that I know how much it sucks to be scolded for behaviour that you can't control! (why would we WANT to do these things? why would we WANT to suffer?) and I usually have to just remind myself how hard it is for people to understand when they aren't going thru it themselves. Hang in there!

Dom