having a bad time

Guest rainbow

Guest rainbow

Hi It's me again...

having a real bad time at the mo!!!! ocd been so nasty today !!!!! Had nasty thoughts about my little baby all day :) been real hard so tired.

can't sleep lay there for hours :) my marrige is over !!! has been bad for a while, finally came to head last week. don't know what to do? kids hurting!!! little 10 yr old taking it bad!!! 16 yr daughter has pure o too, she's bad again bc to doc's this week. And to cap it all, my only son is moving out next month :lol: :):):)

I feel so alone just want to sleep sorry to go on.

dont know where to turn too :)

where's my rainbow?

lv rainbow xxxxx

Guest napo100383

hey ya

sorry your having a hard time.But think of your three children and how much you love them.One of my fears about OCD is whether or not i can have kids so at least you proved you can have them even with OCD.

As regards your marriage im sorry to hear about that but the best healer is time so just give yourself some time.

Guest Learning2bCalm

Rainbow

sorry things are difficult like this. Try to be good to yourself for a while, if you can. can you take a bit of time out? Do you have family who could take baby for a few hours so you could treat yourself to a walk or something?

There's nothing more healing than a good walk. perhaps your older daughter could go with you, or do something separate for herself.......

hang in there, everyone here is with you i'm sure.

Just keep agreeing with the thoughts if you can and then ask yourself what pleasant things you want to achieve that day - perhaps getting baby out in the pram to the park or something?

keep telling yourself you deserve some things to be good, the rest of the world believes it, but i think us with ocd often don't believe we deserve things to go well or to be happy.

and take deep breaths! alternate nostril breathing is supposed to help :grin: i read that on the back of a packet of herbal tea, you close off one nostril and breathe through the other then breathe out through same, then close off other side and breathe in through that side, breath out again and switch. I'm being lighthearted here mainly but i did try it and i did feel more relaxed....it's yoga i think.

take care.

sunshine and flowers! spring is coming! :) You are not alone, i'll be trying very hard, with a comitment, to enjoy the day too! No matter what the brain is barking on about!

bye

L2bC

Guest Learning2bCalm

by the way, when i say 'agree with the thoughts' i don't mean that badly - apparently this is the therapy for ocd thoughts according to Stephen Phillipson......so don't want to distress you.....You agree with them the way you would agree with the threats of a child.....then move on.

I think i am right but perhaps others here will confirm whether i am right about this. :)