Kick some OCD Butt

Guest alison

tonight im home alone for the night for the first time since we moved in three years ago!

im not gonna do my bedtime rituals, and im not gonna be checking the house is safe all the time.

yeay!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stressedout

I'm going to Devon tomorrow, despite being petrified of travelling..................and I am going to walk lots on the beach and read books on OCD, to try an dhelp me through this difficult time.

Jeanette x :blushing:

Guest TheGovna92

1) I'm looking at positives regarding my future and changing.

2) I visited an old childhood place with no anxiety whatsoever.

3) I'm saying "who cares" to a mentally tough decision and will decide the best course from there.

Guest birdie

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether I've been successful with my challenge or not. I set myself the target of brushing my little girls hair. I find physical contact with her very difficult at the moment.

Unfortunately I when I started brushing it, it was such a tangly mess, and all those obsessional thoughts started and I become extremely anxious so I had to get her to brush it herself again but I did manage however to put a quick pony tail in it for her. So for now my target for her to brush it herself and I will finish it off for her. Its not much I Know but its a start I supose

Good luck to everyone with all their challenges

So for now my target for her to brush it herself and I will finish it off for her. Its not much I Know but its a start I supose

The sheer willingness to attempt to do it is a brilliant start Birdie :)

It shows that you're going to try.

Try and do some of those small things every day and in time you'll learn to build on them.

How did your night go Alison?

Caramoole

Guest Heryn

To be honest I'm not sure how successful I've been against OCD today because of deja vu on the numbers front. :yucky: Never mind, I'll keep trying.

Have a good night, everyone.

Guest birdie

After a very anxiety filled night I managed to put bunches in my little girls hair this morning and instead of letting my brother take her to school as he usually does I walked with them and held her hand for some of the way. Wish I could have managed the whole way but just couldn't. Have to keep working at it!

Guest birdie
Well considering how you felt last night Birdie.....That's Brilliant :first:

Well Done that woman

Caramoole :)

thanks must admit do feel slighty chuffed with myself

I walked with them and held her hand for some of the way. Wish I could have managed the whole way but just couldn't

....and on the hand holding thing......why not try doing something daft like holding her hand and skipping together.

It could be good on many fronts, one it will use up adrenaline, two you'll probably both end up laughing, three you can pace yourself at it because if you feel very tense, you can let go and say "Let's have a breather, Mummy's puffed"...but then have another go. That way you're in control without having to make an issue of letting go of her hand.

How old is your little girl?

Guest birdie
....and on the hand holding thing......why not try doing something daft like holding her hand and skipping together.

It could be good on many fronts, one it will use up adrenaline, two you'll probably both end up laughing, three you can pace yourself at it because if you feel very tense, you can let go and say "Let's have a breather, Mummy's puffed"...but then have another go. That way you're in control without having to make an issue of letting go of her hand.

How old is your little girl?

that sounds a really good idea might give that ago. shes only 5 and I feel so guilty because its the summer holidays and shes booked in at this holiday club thing to give me time which she calls school. I should be doing so more with her but just cant at the moment

Well....get skipping then :lol:

Doing daft things, physical things can work well....go to the park and :both play on the swings, see who can get highest.

Build as many little things into your lives as you can....the big ones will follow.

How long has this worry with your Daughter affected you?

Guest birdie
Well....get skipping then :lol:

Doing daft things, physical things can work well....go to the park and :both play on the swings, see who can get highest.

Build as many little things into your lives as you can....the big ones will follow.

How long has this worry with your Daughter affected you?

Its really been since my ex husband started fighing me for custody and saying my mental health is effecting her. I always use to worry about losing control and hurting strangers but now its all about my little girl. I suppose it started when she was about 3 but has gradually got more and more out of contol

I suppose it started when she was about 3 but has gradually got more and more out of contol

So....we need to get you back in control and the more you face these things, the better it'll get, I promise.

Probably the whole stress of your breakup, uncertainty etc had a big part to play.

You've succeeded in two challenges today, be proud of yourself :)

Guest legend
sorry for posting again but feeling really pleased with myself because I did read my daughter her bedtime story and upstairs!!

thats absolute 2 fingers to the ocd..................well done xxxx :clapping:

sorry for posting again but feeling really pleased with myself because I did read my daughter her bedtime story and upstairs!!

:cheer: Yayyyyy......you're flying Birdie (oops there's a pun in there)

Well Done You....just shows, you really can kick some OCD Butt, can't you. Lock this success firmly in your mind and remember it when you're strugging

I'm so pleased for you

Caramoole :hug:

atm the worst thing is word and number association =( about my gf leaving me =(

You know that the rituals don't have any effect on the situation and this is just an OCD demand, don't you?

So....it's working through the anxiety that's the next step. Tomorrow, try and postpone those rituals for 3 minutes. You can do 3 minutes and it's getting past that first, face-slapping urge that's the hardest. What are you going to do to pass those 3 minutes by and join Birdie with some success?