new user

Guest richoneill2

Guest richoneill2

hi.i'm a 33 year old male who has suffered with ocd for over 10 years.i am now starting to notice an improvement in my behaviour.i now want to try and help others.if you want to talk then please write back.

cheers,richard.

Hi Richard and welcome to the boards!

I think that it goes without saying that when you do start to get a handle on this problem, one of the first things that comes to mind is to help people out. Since joining the board and then OCD-UK proper i've met a lot of like minded people and we have all helped each other out, and i guess that has seen a lot of battles won for people and facilitated many people with the opportunities to make progress in beating this.

The best thing you/all of us can do i feel is to keep on visiting the board, and offer advice when possible. Every little bit helps!!

See ya

Adam :)

Guest richoneill2

it's very hard to say exactly what has changed in my behaviour.i just seemed to have found some strength or something,from somewhere! i'm still doing my usual checks every night but in half the time.i'm just managing to tell myself that i've checked the back door is locked etc just one or two times and then i'm just able to walk away and not go back.i'm certainly not cured but it's certainly an improvement.