Just Wanted to Ask a Few Questions

Guest bosxyn

I was thinking about my O.C.D. today, and I just wanted to check to see if this has happened to other people.

1. I used to have just compulsions, then one day they vanished and were replaced with pure o. Has anyone else had this happen?

2. Does anyone else find that being social with other people helps reduce pure o?

3. Has anyone ever tried C.B.T. for O.C.D.?

Guest lilyelspeth

Answer for 3:

I was in CBT for 2 years and it did absolutely nothing for me. I do much better in one on one with my psychiatrist. But that is not to say it won't work for anyone. I've known people who couldn't deal without it. I guess you could say-you don't know if you try it!

Hiya bosxyn,

2. Does anyone else find that being social with other people helps reduce pure o?

I find that when I am around other people, e.g. chatting to friends at school, the OCD fears drop away at least somewhat and I can relax a little bit. I think keeping busy in general is a good way to try to deal with the OCD. :)

Guest MajesticShannon

i think this helps a lot - ocd seems to thrive when its got your full attention - which is when you spend a lot of time by yourself. Ive been on top of the ocd in 2 periods in 4 years, periods where i was surrounded all day with friends - the ocd had very little time to play its tricks.

The hard part is forcing yourself into social situations, but once your there you usually feel better.

i think this helps a lot - ocd seems to thrive when its got your full attention - which is when you spend a lot of time by yourself. Ive been on top of the ocd in 2 periods in 4 years, periods where i was surrounded all day with friends - the ocd had very little time to play its tricks.

The hard part is forcing yourself into social situations, but once your there you usually feel better.

28867[/snapback]

I feel the same. I have a hard time being social, but once I force myself I feel better. I had problems this week with pure o, and I could not figure out why.

I had done so well for the past few months, and then it hits me that I am overdosing my happy pills. I guess Iwas an idiot. Should have read the lable more carefully.

Guest robert1

yes i used to have phyisical compulsions before but not really now,i used to have thoughts before but they never got me down,now the thoughts are j=killing me.