Thank You

Guest SilentTrigger

Guest SilentTrigger

Hello everybody,

Firstly just like to say thanks. Thanks :mad2: . You maybe wondering , what for? Well let me tell you. I have been visiting this forum for over three months now, viewing from a distance and i can honestly say i don't know what i would have done without it! You have truly all helped me get through this time better than any therapy and meds i know! Just to know that there are people, good people, out there with the same condition has helped me no end. If you all wouldn't mind i'd like to tell you a little about me!! If you do tough, he he!

I honestly cannot remember the last five months of 04. not because i was off the planet on meds, my mind just seemed to shut down and this forum was a major player in bringing me back to life!

Ive always been emitophobic (fear of vomiting) for as long i can remember, this in itself was just one of those things that, until may 04, i dealt with. After suffering a major panic attack due to the fear ,in may last year, this fear turned into GAD to point of not being able to face going 50 yards up the road to the shops! Because of this i got depressed, ended up leaving my job and in turn entering the blackness that ruled me. Then the thoughts started! (sorry for being so dramatic, its just my creative side!) I ended up ruminating and obsessing over the fact that 'what if i get so depressed i want to kill myself' i know some of you will understand me here! So suicide OCD took hold of me. I had a friend who did that, and i couldn't stop thinking that maybe this is what he went through!

After listening to a radio programme and seeing this site i realised that i might have OCD, and after consulting a therapist (CBT) my thoughts were confirmed.

The thoughts now are not so much about death but more along the lines of intrusive violent thoughts and ruminations, lots and lots of 'what if i ...?' , you know the ones.

I am currently on escitalopram for the depression and anxiety and seem to be responing really well, got a new job and seeing a wonderful therapist once a week.

Hope i havent bored you too much, again thank you and now i'm a member will look forward to posting more long topics in the future!!!!

Cheers

J :)

Guest SilentTrigger

Thanks Ittyk, your my first reply and already i feel better, emotional and accepted :) , could cry (in a good way), be happy friend and if your not , i'm new but i got a good set of ears!' :grin:

J xxx

Hi Silet Trigger :)

I have only recently joined ocd uk and been asking questions etc to this site.

Everyone has been great :) I have suffered with ocd for over 20 years without speaking to any fellow sufferers before a couple of weeks ago on this site; speaking to people who actually KNOW how I feel has given me alot of comfort, it's been like meeting an english speaking person in the middle of a foreign country where no-one speaks your language!! :mad2:

love Beth :(

Hi Silet Trigger :)

I have only recently joined ocd uk and been asking questions etc to this site.

Everyone has been great  :) I have suffered with ocd for over 20 years without speaking to any fellow sufferers before a couple of weeks ago on this site;  speaking to people who actually KNOW how I feel has given me alot of comfort, it's been like meeting an english speaking person in the middle of a foreign country where no-one speaks your language!! :)

love Beth :)

28875[/snapback]

OOOPS!!!! :) sorry sileNt Trigger :mad2: :( spelt your name wrong!!

Guest SilentTrigger

Hey Beth,

It really is like finding a friend in a room full of strangers! Glad your getting as much from this as i am,

p.s. sorry to everyone about my screen name (SilentTrigger) the more i look at it the more i wince, tried to come up with something cool but failed miserably! Oh well :)

J

p.s. sorry to everyone about my screen name (SilentTrigger) the more i look at it the more i wince, tried to come up with something cool but failed miserably! Oh well :thumbup:

28879[/snapback]

Welcome ST... :thumbup:

Myself, Bigkeefer or Caramoole (All admins) can change your username should you decide you want to change it at any point.

Guest Dragonfruit

Hi and :thumbup:

Like you, I feel that this site has been an absolute life-saver - so I'm really glad you found us and feel it's helping you!

Looking forward to reading your posts..... :thumbup:

Hi SilentTrigger.....I'm glad you came out from behind the sofa and can take full advantage of the site :D

It's good to hear that you've found everyone to be helpful....this site is a great source for both information and support and everyone is so blooming clever. I don't know why we all think we're nuts :thumbup: I've seen some of the best written stuff, day in, day out at OCD-UK.....it makes me proud to be part of it :thumbup:

Look forward to reading your posts and I'm pleased you're at least heading in the right direction.

As Ashie says, if you think of an even cooler name, just shout and we can change it.

Caramoole :)

Guest SilentTrigger

:thumbup: Hi back to all of you :thumbup:

Thank you (again) fo all your warm welcomes, it really is good to know there are like minded people that i can truly identify with.

When i can be of help to anyone i will be, ok :lol2:

C-Ya

Jxx

Hi there SilentTrigger and welcome from me too :thumbup:

I'm really sorry I'm only just getting round to replying to your post, but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in suffering from emetophobia. Myself and a few others on here do too. There are previous links to this topic which I've put in below

http://ocduk.org/forums/index.php?showtopi...&hl=emetophobia

I don't know whether you've seen them or not, there they are anyway!

I really hope you find the site useful!

Take good care

Love from Queenie

Guest ScottOCDid

Hi SilentTrigger,

Welcome to the board (ok, I'm 3 months late but we didn't know you before now)! I hope you feel positive for having made your first post; I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing more from you. It's great that you seem to be picking up a bit after last year's rough patch.

Stay cool!! :thumbup:

Scott

:thumbup: