recentley on Paxil

Guest Dennis912

Guest Dennis912

Hello all,

Anyone ever take paxil - if so did it make you feel very edgey or wound up

to the point of obessive thoughts with no panic..I no i'm not having panic because

of the paxil, but I need xanex to calm down - strange!!!!

Can anyone relate: ----> Please write back :)

Hi Dennis

Am i right in thinking that paxil is also known as paroxetine? If so i briefluy took this medication a few years ago but it did not agree with me.

I think that a lot of the SSRI medications do have a side effect that involves being agitated or wound up. This should pass after a few days though. How long have you been taking them? If it is a bit longer than this you may want to see your doctor to see how he can help.

Have a nice day

Adam

Guest Beckett93

I took Paxil CR for a while. Adamski is right. Sometimes while our bodies adjust to the medication, you might feel a little on edge. Myself, it took about a month for the edginess to fade away, but I had the same problem with it temporarily exacerbating the obsessive thoughts. It will be alright. It does feel like more than a nuisance, that feeling, but it will pass.

Guest Anthony
Hello all,

Anyone ever take paxil - if so did it make you feel very edgey or wound up

to the point of obessive thoughts with no panic..I no i'm not having panic because

of the paxil, but I need xanex to calm down - strange!!!!

Can anyone relate: ----> Please write back :)

28873[/snapback]

Dennis912

I can relate to this. I'm on red alert 24/7. My nerves feel like they are going to explode. I can't stop fighting my OCD thoughts which makes everything worse. I'm currently using Cipralex, which has helped with the depression but doesn't do anything for the obsessional thoughts or my reaction to them. You are not alone

Tony

Guest Beckett93

Hi Anthony. Sorry to hear you're having a bit of a rough time. How are you sleeping? If you are having a hard time getting some rest, consider asking your doctor about a small dose of klonopin at night. It has a longer effect than something like xanax (I'd guess about 6-8 hours) and might help you with coping while your body adjusts to the Cipralex. I do know what you guys are going through and I wish you all the best.