Alchohol and OCD

Guest Davis

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Finally I fele like an expert in a subject here!! For me Drink and OCD go hand in hand. When I worry I drink. When I drink too much I worry the next day. Until I beat this cycle a few years back I drank every day for years.

For some unkown reason to me I didn't realise the connection with drinking to much and having anxiety the next day. I always said that when the drink stopped working as a way of dealing with anxiety that's the day my OCD went full blown as apart from being something that didn't cause me considerable stress and worry for more than 1 hour a day.

I sill drink and enjoy it and occasionlly. I Still drink too much and have the **** the next day ocassionally. I deal with it by taking clonazepam the following evening because I don't see why I should stop dinking just because my brain is wired differently to everyone elses. Go out enjoy it, take the pill sunday lunchtime forget about it. If you'd done anything wrong you'd know about it.

Obviously if you drink more than you should then you need to limit it back a bit but if you drink in moderatiion and you still suffer take the medication route and don't let the anxiety get you down.

Guest Brainstrain
Hi Guys,

Finally I fele like an expert in a subject here!! For me Drink and OCD go hand in hand. When I worry I drink. When I drink too much I worry the next day. Until I beat this cycle a few years back I drank every day  for years.

For some unkown reason to me I didn't realise the connection with drinking to much and having anxiety the next day.  I always said that when the drink stopped working as a way of dealing with anxiety that's the day my OCD went full blown as apart from being something that didn't cause me considerable stress and worry for more than 1 hour a day.

I sill drink and enjoy it and occasionlly.  I Still drink too much and have the **** the next day ocassionally. I deal with it by taking clonazepam the following evening because I don't see why I should stop dinking just because my brain is wired differently to everyone elses. Go out enjoy it, take the pill sunday lunchtime forget about it. If you'd done anything wrong you'd know about it. 

Obviously if you drink more than you should then you need to limit it back a bit but if you drink in moderatiion and you still suffer take the medication route and don't let the anxiety get you down.

29658[/snapback]

Hi Jimbo

This sounds realy familiar to me - just like me in fact! I'd be interested to know where you get the clonazepam from or is it on prescription only?

Brainstrain

Hi Brainstrain,

It's prescription only I'm afraid. I was given the original prescription from a phyciaitrist (? sorry bad spelling) who went mad when he found out my GP had given me diazepam (Valium).

I only ever take them if I'm really bad and just can't function because of anxiety but they do the job when requirred.

Jimbo.

Guest Smudger
Guess who done the reeeealllllllly "great" thing and when out and got drunk last night,  b***** hell *rolls eyes*

29687[/snapback]

How are you feeling mate?

Smudger ,ocd wise im actually doing pretty good, after having a talk from one of my managers at work i was even more"down" and i was walking down the steps to the car park and a flash of ocd came to me and i thought"Did i just give the camera the finger?" ach im sick to hell of my job(long story).

Im still thinking though that i did give the finger :mad:

It's My"Attitude". to make it short and sweet i take guff from no one staff or customers, there was a situtation at work today where a guy threatend me as he took the strap(used to to keep trollys together) off after i put the trollys outside(i still had not taken the strap off) and i asked the guy to not do that as thats my job and he started being nippy to me and was like to me-who are you talking to? i was being very literal and i replied -well you. then he said he would punch the so so out of me, it's a really long story but i got a talking to as my"Attitude" has been discussed.

Put it this way, if the guy punched me in the store and i acted back in self defense, i would prolly imo i would prolly get into trouble as well.

Im actually thinking about leaving i really am.

Guest Smudger

That sucks mate.

If you're unhappy there, start looking for a new job-I know what it feels like to have to go and work somewhere that brings you down.

Argh, The Ocd hit hard today at work:(:blushing: i was putting trollys in the lift about half 9ish i think and this lady who works on the checkout passed who i had a little"words with" at xmas time you could say and i just looked(as far as i could tell she was not looking at me) at her as i noticed her and looked away and kept putting trollys in the lift and then i thought to myself"I didnt just give her the fingers did i?" oh no i did didnt i? "No I didnt" you get the picture but i have convinced myself that i did give her the fingers and it will be on camera and when i go in tommorow i will be sacked, before i left work i asked one of the security dudes"Forgive me for being paranoid but have i done anything wrong" and he was like no and i asked him when he started and he said just the now and i finished at 2.

So im convinced im going to get sacked tommorow arggh, cant really stand my job anmore.

Guest Smudger

You didn't do it mate. Seriously. This is just the ocd messing with you, plain and simple. This is a recurrent fear that you have, and each time you worry about having done it it turns out to be not true, and it will be the same case here.

Even if you had (which, I say again, you haven't), no one would find out anyway. People don't have the time to review an entire days worth of security footage.

But, it wasn't even worth me making that point, as you didn't do it, so you need not worry about it.

:blushing:

Argh Again... :wontlisten: i was asked to let someone off the till today to go to the loo and i served 2 people , the 2nd customer was when the guy behind me waiting to get back on his till and even so im still thinking(ok not as severe as before) "oh no surely i have not stole money" , "I wouldnt do that, that's not me,Im Not like that"

Good News Though, that book"The Imp of the Mind" has arrived in my local ottakrs now just have to wait to next week till i get paid to get it!.

Had A "Few" last night and now im thinking i have wrote in the pub on a bit of paper that someone can have the house(where i stay)!!!!!! arrrgh I would never do something as stupid as that. The only time i wrote something was giving my number to this woman.

Im astounded i could be thinking something like that ;)

Had A "Few" last night and now im thinking i have wrote in the pub on a bit of paper that someone can have the house(where i stay)!!!!!! arrrgh I would never do something as stupid as that. The only time i wrote something was giving my number to this woman.

Im astounded i could be thinking something like that :)

31809[/snapback]

My husband came back from a night out with the boys and remembered the next day that they'd agreed to buy the pub!!

Don't worry, such notes aren't binding ;)

Guest Smudger

Don't worry about it mate-chances are this is just your ocd, and even on the slim chance it isn't, as whitebeam rightly pointed out it isn't in anyway legally binding. ;)