:'o(

Guest Hedgehog

Guest Hedgehog

On friday I walked out of work so I could see my GP last minute. Things were really tough and I was worried about the long weekend. He gave me some sleepers and refered me to the home treatment team. Saturday I overdosed and spent the day and night in hospital. I haven't been to work since, couldn't face it. I want to try and go back to work tomorrow but am completely dreading it. And I know there will be a backlash for me walking out and then taking yet more sick leabve. I am feeling like another OD is building and home treament haven't been in touch. I feel very alone.

I don't think they can get sack you if you're having problems with your health (unfair dismissal).

Does your GP know that you overdosed? Somehow we need to chivvy up the home treatment team and give you the support you need.

I'm just going to throw this into the air as an idea - if your GP signed you off work for a week or two would that really jeopardise your work?

Blinking heck - what's the matter with these people.

I'd have a chat with your manager at work explaining why you left early on Friday, you don't have to mention that you overdose, if you don't want to.

Tomorrow telephone your GP and try to get them to give the home treatment team a kick.

Do you feel you'd be OK at work if you had more support from the treatment team?